Actually let's NOT Advance the Agenda of a Daedric Prince

Scyldemort

Late game in Skyrim. Here comes Hermaeus Mora appearing to you as 'the wretched abyss,' gloating all over the place about how your free will is an illusion and he'll be in your mind anyways, and hey, want to be my champion? This proceeds on into opening the the vault with the various blood samples, and then you've got this incredibly dangerous book of secret knowledge the use of which will actively advance the interests of an altogether wicked and evil creature, and... "Hey, sounds good! Let's use it for free bennies!"

And I sigh.

I know, I know, I can always just drop the book and not use it if my character really wouldn't do so, but that's extremely unsatisfying, not to mention not actually solving the problem of this dangerous book full of secrets that the more people know, the more it serves the aims of Hermaus Mora. Sure, I could drop it into the ocean. No guarantee it won't wash up on the shores a few days later.

The book must be destroyed.

So. How hard would it be to alter this quest to give the player a choice?

I figure there would be two primary branching points: the first would be at, "Hey, collect blood samples for me," and would have the player realize, "Actually, a seal that requires blood magic to break is getting into pretty shady territory. No. I'm not helping you do this." After which the quest is permanently, irrevocably failed.

The second would be after Hermaus Mora's final appearance, after his "nyeener nyeener nyeener" speech, assuming the player told him to get bent. It would involve the player character realizing that she'd been kind of a moron to assist in this project, and OK, I made this mess, I better fix it, which then leads to actually taking the book to be destroyed. You'd need to figure out how to destroy it, and where such a thing might be done, then go there and get it done, all the while evading the Daedric Prince's agents who would really rather you didn't destroy this source of forbidden knowledge that actively makes their lord more powerful by the spread of the knowledge contained within.

I'm interested in making a mod that does this, but I've never made a mod before, and I want to know if something like this is even within the realm of possibility for someone who is a complete newbie to this sort of thing.