Using xVASynth v2 In a Mod.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ragranok2147

Ragranok2147

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts

So I'm curious if i'm using xVASynth v2 to give my mod voice acting of some sort can I use any voices from any game, or can I only use voices from that game. Example I use Female V voice from Cyberpunk to give voice acting to a character i'm using in a Fallout New Vegas mod.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,263 posts

So I'm curious if i'm using xVASynth v2 to give my mod voice acting of some sort can I use any voices from any game, or can I only use voices from that game. Example I use Female V voice from Cyberpunk to give voice acting to a character i'm using in a Fallout New Vegas mod.

Wow. Now there is an interesting question.... I think it would be perfectly safe using voices that are already in-game... Using voices from another game may run afoul of various copyright laws. Or, if you have a friend that you like the sound of their voice, use theirs.

Ragranok2147

Ragranok2147

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts

I wonder if it's possible to get someone from nexus to way in on this.

Ragranok2147

Ragranok2147

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts

Wow. Now there is an interesting question.... I think it would be perfectly safe using voices that are already in-game... Using voices from another game may run afoul of various copyright laws. Or, if you have a friend that you like the sound of their voice, use theirs.

Yeah I think voices from in game are fine too, i was really just curious about ones that are from other games.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 18,321 posts

When it comes to using voices from other games, as the voice is sampled for the original content, I would refer to the game dev's policy on using their assets in other games. 

Ragranok2147

Ragranok2147

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts

When it comes to using voices from other games, as the voice is sampled for the original content, I would refer to the game dev's policy on using their assets in other games.

Thanks for the clarification I didn’t want to put in all the work first, then to just be told hey you can’t use X voices from this game and have my account banned or something.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.124 seconds