Heavy Traffic ×

Help with SKSE

Tragthemercenary

Guys, Gals ... anyone who can help,

I've played Skyrim Special Edition for years, now (indeed, ever since it first came out). I've always been able to successfully install SKSE and SkyUI (the latter via Vortex). However, I've been struggling for over two weeks to install SKSE. I follow the instructions that come with the file (I use the Anniversary Edition, and so I'm trying to install SKSE version 642.1.5 rel 6). But nothing works. To say that I'm extremely frustrated would be the understatement of the year.

Is there something special that I'm missing? I humbly beg for your help on this. There has to be someone on the Nexus who tell me what I'm doing wrong, or give me a hint that something has changed that I haven't heard about. I'm almost 73 years old and this frustration is something that certainly isn't good for a man of my age!

Thanks very much,

Bovi

(also called Trag, the Mercenary)

Edited by Tragthemercenary

Verify your SSE executable version. Windows built in file information widget will suffice.

If your version I 1.6.353 then SKSE64 v2.1.5 is correct.

If it won't work, ensure that a plugin isn't the problem rather than SKSE itself.

Verify your SSE executable version. Windows built in file information widget will suffice.

If your version I 1.6.353 then SKSE64 v2.1.5 is correct.

If it won't work, ensure that a plugin isn't the problem rather than SKSE itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when you ask for help and no one responds. That being said if I could help you I would. I'm completely screwed when it comes to these DAR animations and I haven't set up my AE yet. I'll track this and see if I can help.

I suggest uninstalling skse and letting Vortex prompt you to install - you may need to restart it and do a check for updates. In the Vortex dialogue you choose continue/download (can't rememebr precisely), Vortex will open skse.silverlock.org and you just click in the correct zip file, Vortex does the rest.

diziet

Whenever I make major changes to Skyrim the SKSE usually stops working for a time. (The move to AE and changing from C: to E: were the two most recent). Since you have been following the general advice you need to look at some of the detail. (Incidentally, I am older than you).

Not having Steam up causes SKSE not to be recognised. Running Skyrim once will set Steam up, but too late for SKSE, so coming out and starting again may do the trick. You must of course still use the SKSE loader, not the Steam one.

Do you have the Engine Fixes? You really should have these. Part 1 is loaded by Vortex in the normal way, but you must load Part 2 manually. You could benefit by reading the posts for this and Skyui, since they contain useful information beyond those specific mods.