Hearthfire Bedrooms

jayrichardm

For the three Hearthfire homes, if you select the "Bedroom" option for the west side of the homes you get two children's beds and a large double bed which are rarely ever used. None of those beds can be used by followers. I'd like a mod that makes those beds usable for followers. Remove the desk and chair so that the children's beds can be changed to the larger follower beds.

Does it have to be Hearthfire? There are a lot of "third party" player-home mods that have a master with several follower-specific bedrooms and some even offer children's rooms too. and they usually have all the tools Hearthfire offers, plus more. (unless they've seriously upgraded the Hearthfire homes in 1.6x)

Does it have to be Hearthfire?

Hi my friend. There are a lot of good player homes and I have several. I also have a lot of followers. I have the three Hearthfire homes and 16 beds that can't be used for anything. They are just sitting there taking up space and none of my followers will use them. So yes, I'm just talking about the Hearthfire homes. I can understand why my followers wouldn't use the children's beds but I don't understand why they won't use the big double bed.

Very few players would move their family into a home with only two children's beds, so this is a common problem for most players. I think that my proposed mod would be picked up by a lot of people.

I haven't upgraded my game to the new Anniversary Edition and I probably never will. To me that's just asking for a lot of problems that I don't need. But you know Bethesda as well as I do. They rarely fix what needs to be fixed unless they can make a substantial profit off of it. I see this Anniversary Edition as nothing more that a subtle way to try and regain control of a property that they have completely lost control of. So I seriously doubt that Bethesda has changed anything with the Hearthfire homes.

I don't know of any mods that do specifically that, however if you use jaxonz positioner, you can copy the bed, delete the originals and leave the copies, the copy won't have ownership settings and then followers will use them. If you try to replace the child beds with adult singles, though, you may have some clipping issues and need to move a few things around, but you can also shrink the adult beds a tiny bit without problems. That's how I do all my Hearthfire bunkrooms.

I don't know of any mods that do specifically that, however if you use jaxonz positioner, you can copy the bed, delete the originals and leave the copies, the copy won't have ownership settings and then followers will use them. If you try to replace the child beds with adult singles, though, you may have some clipping issues and need to move a few things around, but you can also shrink the adult beds a tiny bit without problems. That's how I do all my Hearthfire bunkrooms.

I got the hang of it. That is going to work good. Thanks for you're post.