Requiem CTD when mousing over some books

btore

Hey everybody. My first post here, I have tried searching for this in the forum and with google, but I can not find any info about my case.

Pretty much just started to put some mods on my Skyrim. Got it to work with SKSE, skyUI and Requiem today. Or atleast, I thought I got it to work. Now my game crashes to desktop whenever I hover my mouse over some books, mostly the Bestiary of Skyrim book in shops. Also some crafting books seem to make it crash aswell.

One time it did not crash, and then the model of the Bestiary of Skyrim book seemed to be the Iron Armor, so I do not totally understand what has happened here.

After entering the shop again, it crashed when I moused over the book.

I try to deactivate Requiem, and then the books do not cause me to crash.

I have also tried to remove and reinstall Requiem, but it kept making me crash.

Has anyone here ever heard about something like this? I am getting a bit frustrated as it is right now.

Anyways, thanks for your time, and I hope someone have an idea about what is wrong.

If you use Nexus Mod Manager (and I recommend that you do), this can be confusing at first. If a mod has a main file and then smaller updates, NMM thinks they are different versions of the same mod, rather than a mod plus an update. After installing the main file, when you start to install the update(s), you will get a message that pops up asking if you want to upgrade. Select NO. If you say yes, it thinks the main file is an old version and will uninstall it and then install the update as the new version. That is NOT what you want. Select NO to ensure that Nexus Mod Manager installs the update in addition to the main file, not instead of it.

• 4 months later...

@LP1 : Thanks for pointing this invaluable bit of information out for us n0.obs. It's not something I've seen written anywhere else (just here). In fact, I've never found any Readme or other particular manual associated with NMM and I think there should be one, as not everyone has been playing Skyrim from the beginning and learned how everything works.

This is an immense data shortfall for the inexperienced player/Nexus user, IMO, and one that could potentially lead to bad things (as above). I'll be honest, I've often wondered why some mod install instructions direct to NOT Update the mod should that option appear. I was becoming so curious that I was considering trying this seemingly useful feature, just to see if it would Update my mod... IM that's a good thing right?! Now I know better. Thank you for your useful warning LP1.

But, that does raise the question, why have such a feature that doesn't seem to work properly on update after update? I mean, if it can't be fixed shouldn't it have a warning or better button label (or am I just being naïve?)? Like where's the ReadMe for the NMM anyway, is there one? (Anyone with answer Plz PM me if you want, I won't be returning here.)

• 4 months later...

I know this is an older post, but I thought I would explain how I fixed this problem, which I encountered today.

I saved a new game file (just in case)

Then I uninstalled the update

Installed Requiem

Installed the update and said "no" to the first window that pooped up.

Then said yes to the second window by clicking "yes to all files".

Everything is working well now!

Cheers.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

hate to necro an old post but, i downloaded requiem 3.4 as a fresh install basically, i never had any of the older versions, but when starting a new game the only option i get it the default intallation of requiem when you open your inventory, all books from vanilla that have a quest, and some that dont, are still causing a CTD when i go to mouse over them. any help?

edit: i installed via Vortex, and added all the bugfix mods, also used the skyproc launcher