What you need:
- 1 anvil/workbench
- at least 10 of the material you need to upgrade your gear
- the gear which you want to upgrade
- the willpower to forget about Steam achievements and use the console
-A LOT of patience
1) Find any random anvil/workbench and upgrade your specified gear.
2) Open the console and type "player.modav smithing 100" without the quotes. (Note: type the command EXACTLY like it says above or else it won't work.
3) Start upgrading your gear again.
4) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you run out resources or received the damage/armor level you want
I hope this helps you get that overpowered sword without poisoning it!
PS: Don't panic if once you reach over 999 damage/armor level it resets back to 100. This happens because Skyrim was never meant to have four digit d/a values. For instance, My 'Sword of the Dragonborn has a damage of 105, which is (I think), about 1005, or 1050. Either way, it still insta-kills Giants with a power attack .
PPS: Higher damage values = more frequent kill moves!
Edited by TheSovietSnake, 18 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.