Game wont launch via Wrye Bash at step 0 in modding list... help pls

firstdungeon

Instaled fresh oblivion, instaled wrye and boss, instaled xOBSE added 3-4 stability mods from the bevilex guide and tried launching the game.

- it wont launch via wrybash

- it wont launch via oblivion.exe or oblivon launcher from main folder

- nor from steam

what did i f*#@ up?

Guest deleted2027229

If you didn't install any mods why extract mopy from WB? WB is one of those programs people say you need when you simply don't, and for the casual player it will cause a lot more complications than benefits. Incorrect use of WB can completely f*#@ up your game. Just learn to manually install and you'll save yourself a lot of headache.

If Oblivion can't even start, you should take it step-by-step. First uninstall all mods and xOBSE, and launch vanilla game only. Is it working? Then install xOBSE. And if it's working again, only then add your mods one-by-one. As a beginner, don't use WryeBash or similar tools for now, because at this level you would do more harm than good. Find some simple mods first and install them by your hand to learn how they are organized and where the files go. If some mod want overwrite something, simply don't install this mod, because you can't solve any conflicts or issues at your level.

Make sure you execute the OBSE_loader.exe and not the Oblivion_Launcher and you should also give it administrator rights. Windows defender can also refuse programs to access your home directory, so make sure that obse_loader gets the right permissions.

WanderRA. Wrye Bash is the best and also oldest and first mod manager anyone made as far as I know and Wrye still support his stuff with a full support team these days even and I chatted with him last year briefly as well about my old painting mod. Very nice and helpfull guy.

It also have the possibility to make the bash patch, which allows mods, lists and all that stuff to work neat together, so saying it is not necessary at the forum, is not the best thing to do, but you do have a point, it is not necessary as nothing really is honestly, not even playing the game with mods or play it at all... :wink: But to make the game to work better, Wrye Bash is one of all steps that ARE necessary to make, together with bug fixes and patches. I have used it since 2004 since I started to play Morrowind, but that version is called Wrye Mash. I use it for Skyrim as well and now it got a new name in the latest version even... Wrye Stiff or whatever? It seems to change its name when we load it for Skyrim? It also works for Fallout and other Net Immerse games.

When I peek in the bottom of Wrye Bash, I see it launches Oblivion + OBSE. I tried it now and it works here, but it will NOT launch the game in Admin mode but it launches obse + the game in User mode, well does it? I run Wrye Bash in Admin Mode, which means it should also launch the game in Admin Mode. But to make sure the base stuff works, make sure both Wrye bash and the game and OBSE is set to run in Admin Mode.

Edited by Pellape