Looking for Advice on My Playthrough. Please Help.

ChinchillaFlats

So just recently I started messing around with the so called by some Best Ending. Best in the sense that you only have one faction destroyed and the others tolerating each other I suppose. So here is my dilemma. I tried it once, but it left me unsatisfied. I think primarily because I missed out on certain missions because of completing things out of order. I did enjoy going through the sewers to get into the Institute and finding the way through the old Robotics wing. It made me wish that at least some of the options for an Institute assault were available no matter which faction you sided with. The sewer entry seems like any faction should have found those details on the Institute holotape.

Anyway, I am thinking about trying it again. There are a few issues that I don't like about the Minute Men. I prefer to start building up settlements after I have dealt with the Institute, as one example. After doing it once, I don't really care for the Defending the Castle quest. Also, I don't like hearing from the BoS that I should have went with them constantly as opposed to the Minute Men. All in all, now having tried all possible endings, in my opinion the chains involving the Minute men are the most tedious.

So here is what I could use advice on. Is there a way to do the Best Ending from a Railroad or Brotherhood perspective? Or for the ending I am looking for, do I have to follow mostly the Minute Men play through? Is there a way to have all factions tolerate each other without getting heavily involved in the Minute Men? Likewise, is there a way to keep all factions at peace and still do the Danse Dilemma arc?

I am trying to get a perfect ending for me, but I just don't know if that is possible. If anyone would care to help/guide me to that I would be appreciative. I realize it may not be possible, based on some of of the dialog options but what I would really like is a play through relying heavily on the Brotherhood of Steel and yet still have everyone not end up hating each other. It could be I want the impossible, but if anyone has thoughts I would love to read them. Thank you for reading.

Thank you so much for this! I am fine playing through the Danse arc just as written, but at some point I do want to try the cut content. There's a bit of other content I want to try as well, but just haven't got to it yet. The Combat Zone content and the terminal in the Vault Dweller's home, mostly. But the mod sparing the RR is just perfect. I can keep on my BoS trajectory and I don't have to fight the RR. I wouldn't mind it so much, but I like R4-04 as a follower and it is bit of a hassle trying to get her not hostile once enemies with the Brotherhood. Again thanks for this.

You're Welcome, Just make sure to tell Captain Kells it's a waste of bullets to go after the Railroad if they have no more synths to save and you are all set.

It worked great, the Institute is no more. I am now a Sentinel. R4-04/Mara doesn't hate me. I can still come and go from the RR. Only thing is Dez won't talk at all. Not sure if that will change if I try some RR quests. Also don't have to worry so much about Minute Men. That is until I figure out what I am going to do with Nuka World XD

I think I figure out how I messed it all up. I picked up the Boston After Dark dead drop on my way past to the Institute so when I didn't meet Stockton it failed the quest. I am not too worried, I use a bat file for the ballistic weave so I have that before I get to the RR HQ anyway and I am not particularly fond of the RR quests anyway except for the weave. Also I did figure out that I can still do RR radiant quests. So on my next go around I will just be more careful. Off hand do you know how I would go about using the console to give myself the one after Boston After Dark? I believe it's Ticonderoga.

Thuggy smurf mods I advise.

But in vanilla game the best ending you can do is:

SPOILER

Get into the institute start shooting there and then minutemen quest for ending begins.

Thats it.

All the rest will remain friendly.RR BoS and MM.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think Railroad quests with a little modding are pure gold.

There is no better way to add "old world" weapons and technology to a post-apocalyptic world than through tracking down actual hidden caches the "former" Government operated. Even P.A.M. doesn't know the contents of the caches, just their locations, and it's taking time to ferret those out.

That is immersion to the Nth degree right there.

Ballistic Weave is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

The issue with the Railroad quests stock is you feel like you are being inundated with fetch quests - with nothing to show for the time and effort spent fetching (aside from Ballistic Weave - and people just cheat that in their game anyway).