[WIP] The Boneyard (A New Story Mod) (Help Needed!)

Yogogamer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if my opinion matters I actually prefer using our old characters because most of them are at least leveled and have already acquired some perks instead of re-leveling all over again.

However if this MUST have to start with someone else, I rather have to make your own character instead of playing a premade character. Again that is just my opinion.

Well if my opinion matters I actually prefer using our old characters because most of them are at least leveled and have already acquired some perks instead of re-leveling all over again.

However if this MUST have to start with someone else, I rather have to make your own character instead of playing a premade character. Again that is just my opinion.

I agree with your sentiment, It would be a LOT less scripting and i love feedback, so i guess i'll keep it with the old chars

Edited by Yogogamer

Mini Update:

-You can now use your own character!

-Emily now uses a heavily modified veronica model!

- Our Youtube channel is up! We will be uploading trailers and such there!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcqQA1TRCZgyk4zj88frZjw

Just wanted to note that Veronica's model is a place holder, If i can get permissions to use the face model from the hazel companion mod found here http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/52329//?, Then i will be in luck, If not....

Edited by Yogogamer

This mod looks pretty good, and I'm glad you changed it so that the the player can use their own character (no new game required).

I have a couple of suggestions, if you don't mind:

1. Perhaps you should change the name to "The Big Easy" (New Orleans nickname) instead of "The Boneyard" to ease confusion?

2. Since the player character (PC) is used, shouldn't the time frame be changed as well? 30 years doesn't make sense unless it's because you need the Enclave to be at full strength - if that's the case, then I propose a hybrid method that combines your original idea with some science-fiction stuff: begin by using something like the Guardian Of Forever that will transfer the player into the body of Billy, or acting like an additional party member that helps Emily and Billy on the way. Completing the mod will transfer the player back to the player's original body/location in the Mojave. If you really want to get into the whole Guardian thing, a pre-destination paradox could be added where the Player is forced into the situation because of Emily (i.e. tricked into using the device) who was rescued because of the Courier's actions.

3. There was an idea kicked around by those who made Fallout about a corrupted GECK that was active in the swamps and causing more and more mutations in the creatures and land - perhaps you can use that somehow.

4. Would be really nice to have some gators as enemies - including some super-sized versions.

5. Some more possible enemies can be tribals: descendents of Creole's and maybe a Voodoo group that can control ghouls (like zombies).

6. Mutant Mosquitoes who can suck out all a person's blood in moments would be cool too.... I think I just freaked myself out with that one.

Well I hope some (or all) of that helps, and am really looking forward to how this goes. Good luck!

This mod looks pretty good, and I'm glad you changed it so that the the player can use their own character (no new game required).

I have a couple of suggestions, if you don't mind:

1. Perhaps you should change the name to "The Big Easy" (New Orleans nickname) instead of "The Boneyard" to ease confusion?

2. Since the player character (PC) is used, shouldn't the time frame be changed as well? 30 years doesn't make sense unless it's because you need the Enclave to be at full strength - if that's the case, then I propose a hybrid method that combines your original idea with some science-fiction stuff: begin by using something like the Guardian Of Forever that will transfer the player into the body of Billy, or acting like an additional party member that helps Emily and Billy on the way. Completing the mod will transfer the player back to the player's original body/location in the Mojave. If you really want to get into the whole Guardian thing, a pre-destination paradox could be added where the Player is forced into the situation because of Emily (i.e. tricked into using the device) who was rescued because of the Courier's actions.

3. There was an idea kicked around by those who made Fallout about a corrupted GECK that was active in the swamps and causing more and more mutations in the creatures and land - perhaps you can use that somehow.

4. Would be really nice to have some gators as enemies - including some super-sized versions.

5. Some more possible enemies can be tribals: descendents of Creole's and maybe a Voodoo group that can control ghouls (like zombies).

6. Mutant Mosquitoes who can suck out all a person's blood in moments would be cool too.... I think I just freaked myself out with that one.

Well I hope some (or all) of that helps, and am really looking forward to how this goes. Good luck!

Thanks for you feedback!!! I agree with all your ideas cept the time travel, Since i have no idea how to set the player in a diff body, And thanks for pointing out that the 30 years thing was messed up, And as for gators i will try, But i'm not the greatest mesh editor and i'm forced to handle this alone it would seem, Now i would do the time travel but like i said i have no idea how to do that, Thanks for your ideas!