[WIP] The Boneyard (A New Story Mod) (Help Needed!)

Yogogamer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you can still keep the player in their body and just have them be sent back in time through the Guardian or a time machine Emily can build at some point after her rescue. Other than some FX and some sort of ring shaped object (i.e. Stargate), it doesn't have to be that much more elaborate or complicated.

Might I suggest getting permission to use this mod for something that you need.

BTW, for the gators: you could just use a gecko with an enlarged snout and add a swimming ability, maybe use the molerat skeleton as well.

Well, you can still keep the player in their body and just have them be sent back in time through the Guardian or a time machine Emily can build at some point after her rescue. Other than some FX and some sort of ring shaped object (i.e. Stargate), it doesn't have to be that much more elaborate or complicated.

BTW, for the gators: you could just use a gecko with an enlarged snout and add a swimming ability, maybe use the molerat skeleton as well.

Once again, Great ideas! I contacted the author of that mod, As for the travel effect..I'm terrible at that sort of stuff, I wish i had more team members, And i will be testing out the Gecko idea and the molerat skeleton, Thanks Darkus!

Biggest thing now is finding a model for the Guardian of forever, Also can you change the name of a thread?

Sorry, I'm a Luddite when it comes to forum functions.

As for the Guardian, how about making a ring out of rock pieces and adding a floor/wall smoke effect (starts with DLC05 I think) and some electric arc effects in a spiral towards the center. If you are talented with meshes/textures, you could add an image of a distant cityscape in the middle of a swamp, but I think you could get away without it.

BTW, if you need it - the Guardian can act like a narrator that explains what's going on once the player is transported across time and space, either through dialog once arriving or via an opening movie.

Sorry, I'm a Luddite when it comes to forum functions.

As for the Guardian, how about making a ring out of rock pieces and adding a floor/wall smoke effect (starts with DLC05 I think) and some electric arc effects in a spiral towards the center. If you are talented with meshes/textures, you could add an image of a distant cityscape in the middle of a swamp, but I think you could get away without it.

BTW, if you need it - the Guardian can act like a narrator that explains what's going on once the player is transported across time and space, either through dialog once arriving or via an opening movie.

Okay, This sounds amazing! So i'm going to look for a rock that will fit correctly, And i MUST figure out how to do opening movies! I love your ideas!

Just got the Green Light to use those!

I am not interested in doing any actual work, but I don't mind advising if needed.

I will say that for alligators, there is not really a good skeleton to use, that I ever found.

There was a fallout 3 mod that included some iguanas, and that was probably the closest, but I don't remember what he used.

Just retex some geckos and say they are mutated. Radiation solves all problems.

I am not interested in doing any actual work, but I don't mind advising if needed.

I will say that for alligators, there is not really a good skeleton to use, that I ever found.

There was a fallout 3 mod that included some iguanas, and that was probably the closest, but I don't remember what he used.

Just retex some geckos and say they are mutated. Radiation solves all problems.

Ha ha ha, I will enlarge the snout and have the modify it's size and retetxure it green and crocidlile-ish eyes, That's the best i can do until i can make custom models, Also how can i place your critters ingame? I've looked through the files and i don't see any mention of them

Create a new creature (easiest to change formID for one that is close to what you want, i.e. if it looks like a super mutant, copy a super mutant)

In the animation tab, browse to the skeleton you want (already set if you copied like above)

Model list will show all the nifs in that directory. Untick the existing ones, and tick the ones you want (the ones I made)

Save