texture swaps and creating the archive

Just as a general rule, precombs do not only mess with external texture swaps but also sometimes fences and stairs can loose collision. So always check this out and create a backup before doing this

yeah ive seen that many times... and sometimes simply regenerating the same cell again fixes the issue...

Now im going and sticking embedded objects (a small poster for example) into wall parts and making them scols so that they stay as intended...(stupid i know but its the easiest solution to my problem)

Well its proven that scols in fact bypass the texture swap issues with precombines... EVERYTHING that had an issue worked fine after making scols out of them .

I also noticed that certain types of glass dont allow precombined objects to be viewed when looking through them (glass panes that were part of the generation process ) meaning i had to delete them when generating and add them later.

Also proven twice... IF you make a scol that contains glass it may crash the precombine process...

@ Zorkaz

Weird thing..

I had an issue with your backrooms tileset walls... If i try to scol them CK crashes when i try to save or crashes while building the scol... (im trying to scol them because the precombines removes them )

Found the culprit...Its the wall window with the glass...and i think it was causing the crashing when doing precombines

Edited by greekrage

I think it is because I already had to put it through the SCOL process. And you can't reprocess an SCOLed .nif again.

Best to use it as movable static so it won't be affected

I think it is because I already had to put it through the SCOL process. And you can't reprocess an SCOLed .nif again.

Best to use it as movable static so it won't be affected

Hmmm I see...

So it was causing a loop...

Had to remove it though because the precombines wouldnt keep the textures and since i couldnt do the scol trick on the piece i couldnt use it..

Thanks...

Edited by greekrage