Vortex is installing mods in both skyrim and vortex install mods folder.

milesaz
Go to solution Solved by showler,

Hello everyone,

So i have been installing auto install mod list from ESO-UI and I have just noticed that my skyrim SE has the same size as my vortex installed mods folder and is increasing as the mods are installing. Is it suppose to happen? What is the point of having a separate install folder if every mod is going directly in the skyrim folder as well and it is also taking double the space.

Both Skyrim and installed mods folder are currently at 65Gb mark and I am only half way through in the mod list.

Also since yesterday, i am not getting speed (less than 100Kb) on vortex for some reason but i get proper speed (2 to 2.2Mb)when i download the mods directly from nexus.

Edited by milesaz

As I recall, the virtual file link that Vortex uses doesn't actually take up that space, but Windows still reports the size of the actual file. So it isn't using double the space in reality.

Yeah thanks, I just calculated the whole drive (including skyrim directory and excluding vortex install folder to add the game size as well) after reading you reply and yes it is a virtual kind of space as you mentioned, apart from 12gb it looks fine.

Any idea why i am not getting speed on vortex? because i am getting proper speed direct from nexus.

Edited by milesaz

Might have something to do with server preference settings. The CDN is supposed to use the fastest server, but it doesn't always work correctly. Or you might accidentally be set to use a specific server.

i didn't set anything, i don't know where to set set servers settings. In the setting>download window i only see add meta server option and that is it.