Snu's Dungeons

WalkerInShadows

Personally I wouldn't recommend to pack files into BSA archive for Oblivion. Oblivion has history to handle them quite badly, often some sort of archive invalidation is needed depending of its distribution (mainly Steam version is known to making its installed files too "new" and this causes issues with many old mods). Even using SkyBSA will not solve all problems (its logic makes the latest archive in mod order win, in case there is same named file in another archive(s).

Oblivion itself is case insensitive, as most PC programs. You packed your files on Linux perhaps?

Edited by RomanR

• 1 month later...

If anyone stops by...I used BSArchPro (zilav) and packed into an archive, making sure the bsa and esp are named the same. This way the folder structure is just meshes/textures, hopefully taking care of the case sensitive points. I did not archive the sound folder...as sound doesn't archive so well it is my understanding.

Edit: looks like WiS corrected the 2 meshes and texture folders as my download is correct based on an older one I had.

Sound assets can be packed into an uncompressed BSA, just not into a compressed BSA.