[LE] Activator and trigger-filled custom house - advices welcome

Hoamaii

Hi guys,

I've been working on a (tiny) custom house mod which makes extensive use of triggers, activators, furniture and idle markers to give it a "lived-in" feeling when you let NPCs loose in there, and hopefully give the player a lot to do too :).

So far I've managed to get player and NPCs:

- kneel and pray when receiving custom blessing.

- undress when they get to custom bed or in the shower (I now need to dress them up when they come out!.. ;))

- toggle shower and heater on and off.

- toggle fire on and off.

- also created a custom enchanting table working ok (custom furniture nifs are not quite welcome in the CK) .

Now I'm trying to:

- get NPC and player equip custom outfits when they get out of bed and out of the shower (will try the CK "EquipItem" function, see how this works).

- make NPCs actually produce food when they use the cookingspit and some potion when using the AlchemyTable (perhaps a variation of the "WoodChopWorkbench" script? - or maybe just the "AddItem" onAnimation function)

- create a custom music box playing custom music on activation (yeah, Dwemer house, what else?.. ;))..

- create custom flute music to add to the "isFlutePlaying" idlemarker (probably NPC only - I'm still trying to figure out how to attach the custom music to the idlemarker though).

- get the player to play the reading animation when activating a specific book (still have no idea how I'll do that).

All this will only work on location and with new IDs markers and objects, I do not intend to modify all of Skyrim - and I'm trying my best to only use already existing CK scripts or just small variations of them. So far, I've managed avoiding creating a specific quest for all this.

Also, I've noticed than activators don't seem to work on NPCs most of the time - as a result I have to use activators for player and triggers for NPCs even if it is the same script, does that sound about right?

Being new to this (armor modder, here ;)), I need all the goodwill and advices those of you who know better than me can offer!.. ;)

Many thanks in advance to whomever'd be willing to give me a hand :).

Cheers to all,

Hoamaii

Ok, I've now managed to get NPCs to produce food on the CookingSpit and potions on the AlchemyWorkbench, but still struggling for the rest...

Anyone willing to give me some hints, please?

• 3 years later...