mulberrywolf

The main character I play is super devoted to the Dark Brotherhood (lots of backstory dumping for the full reason why), and so naturally she worships Sithis and the Night Mother. But in the game, you can't really do that, not the way you can worship the divines and get healed of diseases and perks from them. I've looked at a few religion mods, but they all seem to add a lot, and I was looking for something a lot more lightweight. A shrine in each of the sanctuaries (and if there's compatibility for The Brotherhood of Old, even more awesome, but beggars can't be choosers), and maybe just a small bonus to something like sneaking or sneak attacks? Nothing bigger than what the original blessings offer.

If I knew literally anything about modding, I'd try to make it myself, but my knowledge of modding is that I have absolutely no clue what anyone is talking about when they try to explain how to do it. If a mod like this does already exist and I've just missed it this whole time, I'd love to hear about it, but as I said, the only religion mods I've encountered that add Sithis worship add a bit too much for me. (And as much as I'd love to learn how to mod one day, this year really is not the year for it. Things have been rough, and I don't think I could handle the frustrations that come with the inherent failures of learning.)

• 1 year later...

i'd suggest wintersun. whether or not it's lightweight is kind of a matter of perspective. certainly looking at the description on nexus, it looks like a LOT. that's because the varitey it offers, hence it actually offers sithis. but gameplay wise, it barely impacts my gameply. now i don't know how sithis worship works, i worship jephre. all i do is click the pray button about once a day and my favor with the deity goes up. once it hit 100%, i got his bonus which is quicker movement when not in battle. (helpful for a tiny woodelf :wink:). gameplay wise, i get to roleplay as a devout bosmer but i don't follow bosmer religion at all besides praying every now and then, which is just a quick kneel on the ground before you're back to running around.

in wintersun's sithis description, for activities that earn his favor it says: “Murder the innocent. Pray while sacrificing a Human Heart or Human Flesh. Send your victims to the Void. Argonians are most deserving of my favor.” If all the deity's work on the same programming but just with different factors, I bet you can just do a normal pray-a-day without needing to obtain a heart. The heart would just be for extra brownie points.

For Jephre's equivalent, it says: “Explore new locations. Read the stories of others. Hunt animals. Wood Elves are most deserving of my favor.”. But I ignore that. In fact I never hunt animals, I only kill animals that attack me. But the pray button earns your deity's favor.

I also installed Wintersun midplaythru and had no problems.