Vault 88

dochlldy

Whenever I am in vault 88,if I try to save,or it tries to auto save,it freezes up to the point I have to do a hard shut down on the computer in order to get out of it.While sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to finish a save elsewhere,this appears to be the only place where it completely locks up.I have Buffout4,but with it freezing up,it fails to generate a crash log.I have no idea what could be causing this.

If your saves are taking an extended length of time, you most likely have too many scripts (or a bad one) running. One of your mods is tracking too much (like say, tracking every npc that has loaded to remember some value) , or simply too much going on (too many scripts). Look at the size of your saves, are they abnormally large? See any rapid increases in size? Check out this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35853 to check out your script load. I've had repeated issues with vault 88 anyway, its always seemed awfully sensitive to any mod that affects that dlc in my experience, even simple texture mods. Running too many heavily (or poorly) scripted mods will do this. If you're running Sim Settlements 2, War for the Commonwealth, and who know what else it can be too much for the engine. "sometimes it takes a couple of minutes to finish a save elsewhere" Is not a good sign, this indicates a problem, a problem that will likely get worse as you continue adding more bloat to your save. Good luck.