Seeking development suggestions to help me with an mod idea

AVGVS

I had an idea for a mod which takes the Dragonborn to the past and takes place between Bthamdarz and Deep Folk Pass. I want to make the area between these two places a little bit different than their comtemporary counterparts, but I do know I am supposed to do it. Should a create a new worldspace or should I modify the objects in the current Tamriel worldspace cell via scripting and change them that way? Should it be done in any other way?
I am familiar with modding and the overall mechanics/internal structure of the game but have never created a mod myself, so I came here to get some help from more experienced people.

Time travelling is done in one of the biggest and most popular mods for Oblivion, In the Knights of the Nine, revelations.

I would say a new world Space and here is my arguments for it:

1. Avoid conflicts with other mods that makes changes to that specific area.
  2. You travel in time, it means that area will no longer look like the area in present time.
    1. The player need to feel that it has travelled to another time dimension.
    2. The services offered at the new area, will or should not be the same as in present timeline.
    3. The area can be limited in any way possible, you set the limits of the area.
    4. You have full control over the buildings and fauna there, that can be put static from CK, otherwise you need to script everything in and out to restore the whole area when the player travels back to the present time.
    5. Avoid placing stuff in the standard game world from CK really, script in stuff as much as possible, most preferably from a quest script, then you do not need to mess with enable and disable stuff from scripts at all which you would need in this specific case.

Try that mod in Oblivion, and you will see that it works perfect and makes sense and it is one of my favorite mods really. The Ayleid Buildings back into the First era where you meet Alessia, looks fantastic, as new. Loads of Ayleid ruins where remade, to look as fresh as they where just built, as you will help Alessia to end the Ayleid rule and you will kill them all. It is your fault, the Ayleids no longer exist. You killed them all. :D

So how did the author make it? I think he duplicated the center world cells of cyrodiil and added them into its own world space in some way. How? I do not know. But a lot of caves and stuff is still there, in the first era but a lot of buildings from the 3rd era are deleted, like the whole IC, except for the Ayleid Tower. All NPC in the first era is unique for that mod and that world space. I guess the fauna is the same, but it should be edited really. It all depends how much details you want to add to this really, but the more, the better for the realism and the immersion. It also depends how far in time you want us to go in your project. The more far away in time, the more editing really. The small villages around IC is also deleted as they did not exist in the first era. The map is unique as well, with Ayleid names and the area is called Cyrod, not Cyrodiil as Cyrod is the name that the Ayleids used. You could try to figure out wha the area you will use for this was called in the time line you will take us too as well, depending on how far in time we will travel?

Edited by Pellape

Thanks for the information! I didn't know that mod made that, I will be sure to check it out.

Creating a new area really seemed like the better idea. I will follow this method for now. Thanks again.

You are most welcome. I also hope you will like that mod as much as I did.

Also check out my Oblivion tips, how to make the game run smoothly and make it more stable before you try that mod: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/155637-list-list-of-mod-lists/page-6&do=findComment&comment=110211033