Transfering DAO to New PC - Question

Team, small question with regards to modding (or rather, copying):

I think I may have made a mistake. I just finished up a new PC and thought I'd copied everything correctly for DAO.

I copied all the \Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\ folders and contents, and my DAO Mod Manager folder. I reset all the folder paths to the Mod Manager, installed DAO via Origins on the new PC, ran it to recreate folders, then dropped the \Dragon Age\ folder in along with overwriting.

The game works just fine, but none of the mods are registering except a few hair mods. In Downloaded Content, only DLC are showing. Within the Mod Manager it's the same, only the DLCs are showing as Installed DAzips.

Basically, is there any way to re-point the contents of the Addins Folder and the Override folder so the game registers them, or am I stuck re-downloading all the mods again and installing from scratch?

I would have done things in a slightly different order: installed DAO, run the game once to create folders, set up DAO ModManager and then copied/replaced files to \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age.
Try this: make a backup of the entire contents of your new Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings folder. Then copy/paste the addins.xml and DAModmanager_Override.xml files from your old PC into Settings, overwriting and replacing when asked.
If your file paths are all correct, then the DAzip mods should now appear in both the mod manager and the in-game Downloaded content lists.

If they still don't show up, your system may be using a different file location for the default Documents folder (i.e, old skool E:\Users[uSERNAME]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings).

I would have done things in a slightly different order: installed DAO, run the game once to create folders, set up DAO ModManager and then copied/replaced files to \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age.
Try this: make a backup of the entire contents of your new Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings folder. Then copy/paste the addins.xml and DAModmanager_Override.xml files from your old PC into Settings, overwriting and replacing when asked.
If your file paths are all correct, then the DAzip mods should now appear in both the mod manager and the in-game Downloaded content lists.

If they still don't show up, your system may be using a different file location for the default Documents folder (i.e, old skool E:\Users[uSERNAME]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings).

I tried your initial fix suggestion, "make a backup of the entire contents of your new Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings folder. Then copy/paste the addins.xml and DAModmanager_Override.xml files from your old PC into Settings, overwriting and replacing when asked", but there were no changes.

I then tried deleting the entire "Dragon Age" folder and deleting DAO Mod Manager. I ran DAO fresh and let it repopulate the "Dragon Age" folder contents. Then I reinstalled DAO Mod Manager and ensured its file paths were set correctly. It was empty. Then I copied over the old PC "Dragon Age" folder contents and reran DAO Mod Manager, and I'm back where I started.

I can see all the DLC addins/offers, a few installed Overrides (i.e. NBaio, Hsli Sexy Robes, etc.), but there are no installed DAzips. Additionally, in game I can see in Downloaded Contents the DLC addins/offers, but again no mod installed content.

EDIT: One thing I did note that I missed the last time I made sure the DAO Mod Manager filepaths were correct - there doesn't appear to be a place to link the "Dragon Age" data and override folders to the DAO Mod Manager. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Mod Manager. That may be my goof.

Edited by JordanCP

I'm baffled as to why the transfer isn't working... as long as the file paths are correct, replacing the files in Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age should work.

Open up File Manager, and under 'This PC', left click on 'Documents' and select 'Properties' from the menu. In the 'Documents Properties' window that opens, is the Location the same C:/Users path as shown in your DAO-MM config?

EDIT: One thing I did note that I missed the last time I made sure the DAO Mod Manager filepaths were correct - there doesn't appear to be a place to link the "Dragon Age" data and override folders to the DAO Mod Manager. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Mod Manager. That may be my goof.attachicon.gif daomm-filepaths.png

No, you didn't miss anything. There's no option for configuring either of those folders.

I'm baffled as to why the transfer isn't working... as long as the file paths are correct, replacing the files in Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age should work.

Open up File Manager, and under 'This PC', left click on 'Documents' and select 'Properties' from the menu. In the 'Documents Properties' window that opens, is the Location the same C:/Users path as shown in your DAO-MM config?

EDIT: One thing I did note that I missed the last time I made sure the DAO Mod Manager filepaths were correct - there doesn't appear to be a place to link the "Dragon Age" data and override folders to the DAO Mod Manager. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Mod Manager. That may be my goof.attachicon.gif daomm-filepaths.png

No, you didn't miss anything. There's no option for configuring either of those folders.

Confirmed via This PC Documents properties, Location, same file path. When I set the filepaths within DAO-MM I used the internal ellipsis option for each and manually navigated to each filepath in the browser to make sure they were each correct.

Hmmm... I guess I am officially baffled and out of suggestions.

I've used backups of Docs/Bioware/Dragon Age numerous times over the years to restore and move my modded install, including this morning when I uninstalled/reinstalled to just make sure I wasn't crazy and/or stupid. (Always a very good chance of both those things...)

Sorry to not be more helpful. :(

N

Hmmm... I guess I am officially baffled and out of suggestions.

I've used backups of Docs/Bioware/Dragon Age numerous times over the years to restore and move my modded install, including this morning when I uninstalled/reinstalled to just make sure I wasn't crazy and/or stupid. (Always a very good chance of both those things...)

Sorry to not be more helpful. :sad:

No worries. What truly concerns me is less of the DAO-MM and more that the game itself doesn't seem to register what's in the Addins and packages folders. The game is installed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\" location like it was on my old PC; the only difference is that I'm now on Windows 11. I know game can at least see the Documents folder location because it's registering the "Characters" folder at least.

This is just weird.