Anareren's Devil Tanto (Spoiler)

Killer3ee

I am currently doing the Anareren's Devil Tanto Quest for Aengoth the Jewler in Ald'ruhn, Apart of the Thiefs guild and i have to find the Devil Tanto. But i have searched all of the Mages Guild (Which i have to search to find the Tanto), and i carnt find the tanto. I can only open a limited number of locked chests and cupboards, due to my low picklock level and the scrolls i have only able to open low level locks (40-50 i think they open). I ask, where is the Anareren's Devil Tanto located, and how can i get it if its in a locked chest/cupboard i carn't open.

Right now i am stuck with a Mages Guild that has no one inside, untill i finish the quest. Also i do not have enough money to afford Training in lock picking, and wish not to cheat to finish it.

Thanks, Please help me out.

**SPOILERS**

Theres a locked door in the back of the mages guild in Ald'ruhn (about 60 I think). If you are in the bit that you transport in to (ie: use for travelling and facing straight ahead it is to your right about halfway down the corridor. There are then some chests in there you will need to open (again about 60 I think). Think the door or chests may also be trapped

The only way I can think of to do this is to have a decent spell or lockpicking skill or a better set of lockpicks (although with a decent skill journeyman lockpicks/probes are good for all locks/traps). If your security skill is low there are only certain levels of lock you can pick anyway (think it may be double your skill ie: skill of 50 means you can pick any lock in the game).

Don't think you can get in if you can't pick the lock. Suggest you may want to put your lockpick skill up a bit (or a lot) the theives guild quests often reqiure you to pick locks. You should however just be able to go out and get some lockpicks/money for training from somewhere else and then go back (not actually tried this myself)

**SPOILER**

its located in one of the chests on the alchemy shelves where anararen usually stands (where the alchemy supplies are) it may be on the top shelf so its difficult to spot i dont remember but i dont think the lock level is too high

Go into the Mage Guild and go down both sets of stairs, turn right and look on the shelves. You may need to find lock picking scrolls to open the small chest. It's always a good, GOOD idea to save before taking a quest, just in case you don't want it then or it may need higher skills than you have.

If you need money, steal the gems from the enchanter in Balmora Mages Guild, sell them to Creeper in Caldera. ;)

i just did this quest not too long ago, you know the lowest part of the building, where the woman who gives you duties are, when you walk down the stairs (with your back to the stairs facing the woman) its at your right, one of those chests holds the tanto, if you need a pic, ill give you pic.....when i find the bloody cd.

Archived