• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

miotke

miotke

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I know others have posted questions about hair mods not working, but I haven't seen anyone with this exact problem. The hair does show up in cc, but it's always a solid yellowish color and floats in place/doesn't move with the character. I have both the .mmh and .msh files in my override folder and added the hair to my chargenmorph file. I do not have multiple chargenmorph files and only have the one hair mod. I do have other cc mods installed, though, but they all work fine.

The hair is from More Hairstyles by kzelsama and I just grabbed the two files for the hair I wanted. Since the installation instructions say to extract the entire folder into your override folder, I'm wondering if there were any other files I needed to grab and didn't. I also tried installing a couple other hair mods to see if the problem was exclusive to this hair, and they had the same problem.

hiNJct2.jpg

Edited by miotke, 11 July 2022 - 05:04 pm.

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

That's em_har_idk05_0, correct? If so, the style uses a custom texture. You also need to add  'pn_har_saram.dds' and 'pn_har_saram.mao' (in the 'textures' folder) to your override. (The texture is probably used by a number of the More Hairstyles files, since you found that other styles have the same issue... I only opened up the one file to determine the specific texture you needed.)

Edited by theskymoves, 11 July 2022 - 06:01 pm.

miotke

miotke

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That's em_har_idk05_0, correct? If so, the style uses a custom texture. You also need to add  'pn_har_saram.dds' and 'pn_har_saram.mao' (in the 'textures' folder) to your override. (The texture is probably used by a number of the More Hairstyles files, since you found that other styles have the same issue... I only opened up the one file to determine the specific texture you needed.)

That worked, thank you so so much!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: character creation, hair

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.539 seconds