New color system help

MattC

VectorParameters were changed to Vector3Parameters. Prior to Patch 8 they were like this:

<node id="VectorParameters">
<attribute id="Color" type="bool" value="False" />
<attribute id="Custom" type="bool" value="False" />
<attribute id="Enabled" type="bool" value="True" />
<attribute id="Parameter" type="FixedString" value="Leather_Primary" />
<attribute id="Value" type="fvec4" value="0.3 0.3 0.3 1" />
</node>
After Patch 8:
<node id="Vector3Parameters">
<attribute id="Color" type="bool" value="False" />
<attribute id="Custom" type="bool" value="False" />
<attribute id="Enabled" type="bool" value="True" />
<attribute id="Parameter" type="FixedString" value="Leather_Primary" />
<attribute id="Value" type="fvec3" value="0.3 0.3 0.3" />
</node>
So add 3 between Vector and Parameters, change fvec4 to fvec3 and remove the 1.

Thank you very much for your answer

Unfortunately I broke my laptop in a motorcycle accident so I won't be able to try your solution or give armor modding a proper try anytime soon...

Any tips on weapons coloring ? It's been driving me crazy because I can change the texture for a +1 shortsword but I can't find any texture to edit for the +2 shortsword except for the glow iirc (I tried that with patch 7)

I'm guessing it should have a coloring system similar to the armors but I can't find the proper LSF file

Edited by MattC

Weapon colors are entirely determined by textures, and in Patch 6 Larian moved from DDS textures to VirtualTextures, which we cannot edit. The custom colored weapons in my Basket were made by importing Patch 5 assets and textures, but this is a bad way of doing this and 5 of my weapons broke in Patch 8, and I had to remove those.

So unfortunately weapon coloring will have to wait until after full release and the release of proper mod tools.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I got tired of waiting for my pc to get repaired so I subscribed to Shadow to try out what you suggested.

Weirdly enough, I managed to change colors for the halfplate +1 but I can't get it to work for breastplate +1 or +2

Any suggestions ?