Dual weapon sheathes belt fastened.

Thump3r1972

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I know the mod Ecotone Dual Sheath exists and was modelled after Oldrim Dual Sheath Redux. The two weapon mods I have installed are JaySuS Swords SE and I converted Warrior Within Weapons from Oldrim to SE/AE, which neither are supported. I know of Simple Dual Sheath, but from what I read it seems awfully finicky. Are there any other alternatives? I've always preferred the dual wield melee combat with animation mods and running around flaunting both of my weapons.

IMHO, Ecotone Dual Sheath and Simple Dual Sheath are both equally "finicky" or "easy" - depending on your perspective. With both, you have to install the mod (easy) and then create left hand meshes (what some people might call "finicky"). Unfortunately, that's necessary due to the way Skyrim meshes work. And it's more or less the same with any dual sheath mod.

In fact, it isn't that hard. I'm using Simple Dual Sheath myself. Works really fine. After you installed all your weapon mods, you have to run the Synthesis patcher once and install the output. That's a one time thing - unless you add new weapons.

Thank you for the reply, Algabar.

I read up on generating the custom meshes for the left hand with xEdit and SSEEdit. This will be the first time doing this, the weapon packs I used all those times were already supported "out-of-box." Can't be that difficult to do, considering I converted the Oldrim WWW mod and others to Newrim with Cathedral Assets and the Creation Kit, it's probably very easy.

I've been playing this game with mods, editing ini files and DynDoLOD since 2014. Only recently I started diving into mods with editing/ patching programs and converting mods from Oldrim that I liked. I also wonder how hard it would be to convert the original Whiterun Mansion to Newrim? I might have to remove the auto sorter function and mini quest in the Creation Kit to get to work, I can do without them. I'm surprised that house mod never got ported it to Newrim, probably never got permission from original mod author. I love that house mod and setting it had with an ENB, The Great Forest of Whiterun Hold, foliage mods, lantern mods and ELFX. Though it might conflict with my current house Whiterun Safehold, I think they're within the same location.