korun

korun

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Hi, 1st off all, sorry for my english^^

i've bought a Evga Gtx 650 ti boost 2 gb, 2 days ago, my problem is, 
i can't play skyrim more than 5 min, it's the delay for the gpu to go from 33°c to 72°c (load 99%) then the whole computer crash, reboot with the msg (enter saving mode) then back on W7 everything is fine... the Gpu is at 33°, i can play every game with no problem except skyrim :sad:

i've upgraded from a HD6570 which was amazing, 150 mods (HD text. the most) installed + enb and every thing was fine except low fps of course.
i've tried since the last 2 days the last Whql and beta drivers,  Unigine, 3Dmark, OCCP bench (1 hr run)etc... works perfectly, no error, nothing, fresh install of the game with no mods doesn't help, is this a driver's problem? i don't think it is hardware related, if anyone had the same problem, let me know 
spec:
W7 64 
I5 650 clarkdale 3.2 ghz
6 gig ram
Orion psu 585 w
Evga 650Ti boost

thanks
korun

Miguelr23

Miguelr23

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

are you using the newest nvidia drivers?

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts

Did you remember that the ini MUST be regenerated for the game to recognize a new video card?

Remove the ini file and start the game - The new ini will be generated using your new hardware

Easiest way is to rename the existing .ini change the .ini part to .old - that way it will still be there if you ever want to look at it.

korun

korun

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

thanks you for your answer,

yes i've tried the last driver, the beta, even 320.49 nothing change, so far i've re install the game , new ini's without mods and Enb , it doesn't help :(

will see, but the weird thing is, all other game works perfectly ..no crash, no overheating o_O

i love troubleshooting ahahaha .....

@@

Rennn

Rennn

Grossly Incandescent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

As bben said, you need to delete your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini and try then.

korun

korun

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

As bben said, you need to delete your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini and try then.

i did! with a fresh install, my ini's are brand new :tongue:

launch the game and when it reach helgen green/white screen, sound distortion...

so, i have set the hdmi sound to ''disable'' and forced one screen only in the Nvidia panel

power management ''disable'' for full power on Pci16 via W7

installed again last WhQl driver from Nvidia

and crash again at the very beginning of the intro

will check registry, if there is remain of ati and Skyrim somewhere,  after every uninstall ,drivers/any file, i run driver sweeper, CCleaner, puran utilities, so i doubt there is still something

will see

thanks for your answer

@@

EDIT

ok finally i've find out what was the problem, looks like my brand new Psu is too weak, 12v-17a , need really more than this.... the weird thing still, is, i 've stressed my rig with many bench for hours with no problem :tongue:, just in game it doesn't work at all

thanks to all anyway

Edited by korun, 22 October 2013 - 05:09 AM.

korun

korun

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

well it was the Psu, i've changed it for a Thermaltake 750 W / 12V-50A and it's perfect, 

if a moderastor can close or del the post

thank you

@@

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, gpu, nvidia, gti 60 ti boost 2 gb

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.237 seconds