Request: The First Step quest always goes to Abernathy Farms

progamer76002

I would like to request a mod that changes the quest "The First Step" to always point you to Abernathy Farms?

I always felt like that was supposed to be the natural location and progression as the the NPC dialog at Abernathy Farms explains some of the current world setting to the player, like trading with caps vs cash, the importance of farming, etc. and would get you some of the crops needed to take back to Sanctuary to fill out the "Sanctuary" settlement building tutorial quest for Sturges. It also has a more endearing story for helping the family out with their questline "Returning the Favor" than the NPCs at the other randomly selected settlements as they lack this driving motive initially.

I would expect that the quest the First Step needs to point to Blake Abernathy, and talking with him moves the First Step quest up a stage when you start Returning the Favor and both point to USAF Satellite Station Olivia with the First Step targeting the leader of the raiders, and Returning the Favor targeting the locket. Upon clearing both of those stages you get pointed back to Abernathy farms to turn in the locket on Returning the Favor, and the quest the First Step moves up a stage for the reporting the leader of the raiders is dead from the same conversation line. Then you just have to go back to Preston for final turn in of The First Step and reporting that Abernathy Farms is joining the Minutemen. That is just sorta how I picture it anyways. some edits for poor grammar.