Real Time - Synchronized to your time zone

MootsMods

Real time sync yes or no?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Real time sync?

• yes
    • no

REAL TIME/PC CLOCK SYNC mod.

Please this is a very good idea and it needs your support! Think of this thread as more of a poll than anything. If you have nothing to reply, please at least say yes or no. Thank you.

The Idea:

I was viewing some mods on Brodual's YT page and found a mod called: A Matter of Time

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4409... And someone suggested a mod that could sync the game to your real life time. A mod team would somehow have to script a way for the game to sync your pc's time clock based on the time in your real time zone. That means if you enter the game at say 21:30, then that would be the time in the game.

Someone commented this idea on a video a couple of days ago and already the comment received 16 likes. Someone else on YT (youtube) commented and suggested an excellent way for this to work. In order to save and exit your game your character must find a place to sleep/rest. Upon saving you will exit the game and your real time will be logged. And when you load up that save the real time again would be logged and synced and your character will be seen as waking out of a bed! It's really genius if you think about it. This could work!!

Cons:

The only conflict would be fast travel. It would either have to be disabled or scripted in a way that removes any time loss when using FT.

Just imagine the immersion this would offer the true player! I don't know about you but I love feeling like I am in the world of Elder Scrolls! I always play in first person and the music soundtrack is always turned off. I like hearing the sounds and being pulled in to the world.

So what do you think about this? I believe that with enough support this idea is very POSSIBLE!

Edited by SkyriManiaK

Good luck with quests that reqwire days of waiting.

What would you do then ? Leave your game running 'till it's time ?

Also, no waiting. (when you press t)

And then there is sleaping. You'd have to sleap exactly 24 hours to not mess up your ingame time.

Sorry, but I don't see this happening.

Well, you'd have to sleep (your character) 24 hours if you would want your game clock and your real clock to still be in-sync, right ?

Say your character sleps eight hours. Now it's a different time in-game.

And the waiting. You know, when you press t. Same issue with this aswell.

Umm what you are saying is not making any sense o.O

Why would you have to sleep exactly 24 hours?? The quest thing yeah.. I didn't think of that.

What hes saying makes complete sense. This feature sounds all well and dandy at first glance, but it would make the game unplayable and broken.

You would need to:

1. Disable fast travel (Unless you want to sit there for like 2 real time hours at a loading screen)
  2. Disable Waiting (Unless you want to sit there for like 12 real time hours watching the wait screen)
  3. Disable Sleeping (breaking many quests. Or again you would have to sit there for real time hours)

Also:

1. NPC schedules would all be messed up (you would have to wait hours in real time for them to get up from doing nothing like sitting in an inn for hours)
  2. What if a quest wants you to watch somebody through the night. That would be so boring.

I'm sorry if I burst your bubble, but I cannot see this working well. If someone can correct me, please do.

Edited by MostlyMuggie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Good luck with quests that reqwire days of waiting.

What would you do then ? Leave your game running 'till it's time ?

Also, no waiting. (when you press t)

And then there is sleaping. You'd have to sleap exactly 24 hours to not mess up your ingame time.

Sorry, but I don't see this happening.

So i will wait "24 hours" (actualy 8 or 12)? Or i will sleep too because IT'S A FCKN TIME SYNC!
Night on real world = Night on the game
Day on real world = Day on the game
Wake up dude
Of course that is only gonna happening if you let your pc on all night...
I see this happening... And could be a program like Gta:Sa that enables you turn off/on when you want/need..

• 1 year later...

There's an Oblivion Mod that does this :) It works fairly well and can be activated or deactivated with a spell to fir around quests but if you;re only roleplaying then there's no harm in using it. Eating and Sleep mods adapt well and sleeping sort of acts as your 'log off' option so to speak. It was made by Maskar who also made an eat and sleep mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36943/?

Personally I would like one for Skyrim what with the Roleplay possibilities and with the Tamriel Online mod that was released it would be like running your own real time server mmo if it they synced it right.