make SSE look the best it can!

JiraiyaGallant

ive been trying for MONTHS to get my game to look the best it can but so many mods just dont work together and i simply dont have the technical know-how to fix alot of the clashing. i already have close to 110 mods installed, some being QOL and most being visual (textures, effects, sound, npcs textures, etc), but i simply cant get it to look half way decent. ive spent hours and hours scrolling through vortex trying to find what i want, vanilla skyrim is just bland, has emptyness, the lighting could be WAY better, the npc textures are EH. if someone could recomend a list of mods that would completely overhaul SSE i would greatly apreciate it. as a matter of fact, making a collection of it in vortex would be even better! im not looking to add any extra stuff armour or weapon wise. i would just like the game to look and act better :) thank you!

Well, there are already lots of collections - among them some, that focus on beautifying Skyrim. Just browse through the collections.

In general, IMHO you need three things:

- texture and mesh replacers, that fit your taste. In fact, one of the big texture overhauls alone will improve the look of the game tremendously: Noble Skyrim, Skyrim HD SE, Skyland. Choose what you like.

- a weather mod you like (my recommendations would be Azurite or Obsidian, but therer are lots of nice options...)

- an ENB you like (RUDY's work is always a good starting point)

Especially ENB can make a huge difference.

I agree with Algabar. Just a ENB makes vanilla Skyrim look way better. Find a compatible weather mod if you want. Instructions in most cases will mention compatibility.

You don't need a lot of expertise to install visual mods, you must always read the instructions given by the author very carefully, also read the posts and see what gamers experience when using mods. What I mostly do is stick to a group of authors that in my taste make great mods. Just to name a few: Skyking2020 ( Skyland), FrankFamily, Pfuscher, MystriousDawn, mathy79, Gamwich. Ofcourse learn to use your favorite mod manager. Don't get upset with gamers who have like 2000 mods, that requires expertise and a lot of time. I have 255 mods in my current walk-through, and it looks great. I will not mention how many times I had to start over because I screwed up. That is how you learn.

side note: I was reading a post and came across this one: Skyrim is released in 2011, it has it's limitations..

Good luck and most of all have fun1