bican203

Hi guys, last year, after several hundred hours of playing skyrim with more than a 100 mods including ENB, I managed to MELT my graphics card.

But you know how Skyrim is; after you stop playing for some reason for some time, you see something on nexus or youtube and you decide to give it another go. That happened to me a few weeks back and now I want to play Skyrim so bad. But for that, I need a new pc, a pc which can run Skyrim with lots of mods. I don't really understand which parts of the pc is more essential than others for that purpose so, could you help me out here?

Which graphics card brand do you prefer nvidia or amd? How much RAM do I need or do I need 4core or 8?

I don't have much money either but please don't say "you don't play Skyrim with 100 mods in a cheap rig". The maximum money I can spend is 1500$ and I need all parts of a computer, not just graphics card or any other parts.

What are your computers like, what are your advices?

What I'm using lets me run the game on Ultra and blow stuff up great (my signature). This December I'm buying a Geforce GTX 770 4gig Vram from EVGA. That's just my own personal choice, not a refelction on my current card. I just want better. The card I use now, my GTX 660 OC'd from ASUS is a great great value and I play all my games maxxed-out (Rome 2, Shogun 2, Skyrim, Neverwinter Nights 2, WoW, Metro Last Light, all Fallouts, etc.). It's all about personal preference. I love NVidia but ATI is just as good.

Edited by Reaper0021

What I'm using lets me run the game on Ultra and blow stuff up great (my signature). This December I'm buying a Geforce GTX 770 4gig Vram from EVGA. That's just my own personal choice, not a refelction on my current card. I just want better. The card I use now, my GTX 660 OC'd from ASUS is a great great value and I play all my games maxxed-out (Rome 2, Shogun 2, Skyrim, Neverwinter Nights 2, WoW, Metro Last Light, all Fallouts, etc.). It's all about personal preference. I love NVidia but ATI is just as good.

What is the price for GTX 770 in your town? It is 449$ in here.

I work for a major company that allows me the option to get that card at cost. Hence the reason I can be so demanding of what I use in my PC's as I get the hardware cheaper than what the average Tom or Joe gets it. Newegg has it, EVGA 4gig Vram version OC'd at $449.99 I believe. You can get a 2gig Vram version cheaper and an open box one still cheaper.

The following is a list of cards that can all run Skyrim at varying degrees from Ultra to Med/High.

GeForce GTX 660

GeForce GTX 650

GeForce GTX 780

GeForce GTX 760

GeForce GTX 680

GeForce GTX 670

AMD Radeon 7970

AMD Radeon 7750

AMD Radeon 7850

AMD Radeon 7770

AMD Radeon 7990

This is just some of them available that can all run the game from Ultra-High. You then have cards like "Titan" and whatnot, but I didn't list them down for obvious reasons. No matter if you go with nVidia or ATI, you'll rock n roll. CPU-wise a lot of people like Intel. Me, I don't I'm an AMD fanatic. See, I'm able to get an 8350FX 8 Core....top CPU from AMD for the cost of an Intel i5 and I've always been a fan of AMD. That's all personal taste.

Edited by Reaper0021

I work for a major company that allows me the option to get that card at cost. Hence the reason I can be so demanding of what I use in my PC's as I get the hardware cheaper than what the average Tom or Joe gets it. Newegg has it, EVGA 4gig Vram version OC'd at $449.99 I believe. You can get a 2gig Vram version cheaper and an open box one still cheaper.

The following is a list of cards that can all run Skyrim at varying degrees from Ultra to Med/High.

GeForce GTX 660

GeForce GTX 650

GeForce GTX 780

GeForce GTX 760

GeForce GTX 680

GeForce GTX 670

AMD Radeon 7970

AMD Radeon 7750

AMD Radeon 7850

AMD Radeon 7770

AMD Radeon 7990

This is just some of them available that can all run the game from Ultra-High. You than have cards like "Titan" and whatnot, but I didn't list them down for obvious reasons. No matter if you go with NVidia or ATI, you'll rock n roll. CPU-wise a lot of people like Intel. Me, I don't I'm an AMD fanatic. See, I'm able to get an 8350FX 8 Core....top CPU from AMD for the cost of an Intel i5 and I've always been a fan of AMD. That's all personal taste.

I believe to play with ENB smoothly, I need the ones which can run Skyrim on Ultra easily, right?

I play Optheldt's ENB using my current set-up....on Ultra and get around 38-60 FPS. So, any CPU Intel i5-i7 or AMD 8350FX 8 Core and any Video Card from NVidia 660 and up or ATI/AMD 7750+. But, it's all subjective to your own tastes. I like future-proofing my systems. I don't want to upgrade for at least 2+ years when I get a new gaming PC. But that's just me. This EVGA GeForce GTX 770 I'm going after is just something I have to have. A Toy if you will, but not needed if we get straight to the truth of it. My 660 does the job very very well in all the games I play.

I play Optheldt's ENB using my current set-up....on Ultra and get around 38-60 FPS. So, any CPU Intel i5-i7 or AMD 8350FX 8 Core and any Video Card from NVidia 660 and up or ATI/AMD 7750+. But, it's all subjective to your own tastes. I like future-proofing my systems. I don't want to upgrade for at least 2+ years when I get a new gaming PC. But that's just me. This EVGA GeForce GTX 770 I'm going after is just something I have to have. A Toy if you will, but not needed if we get straight to the truth of it. My 660 does the job very very well in all the games I play.

Alright, thanks!