My skyrim SE is locked to 57~58 FPS on RX6650XT

Lurker1011

i upgrade my graphic card from RX580 to RX6650xt recently, every games i installed are fine during testing on new graphic card,

just this one, skyrim SE, its FPS is locked below 57~58 fps, not the number i set in ENB, neither the number of iVSyncPresentInterval=1(default is 60)

no matter what i do, enableing/disableing all the ENB effect, make no difference to game's FPS, just increase/decrease the GPU usage

i tried to run skyrim without mods, still locked below 57~58 fps, i tried to run skyrim without ENB, and set iVSyncPresentInterval=0 in ini file, the game is locked below 61 fps (other strange number)

First of all: 57~58 FPS is a good value for Skyrim. More than 60 FPS aren't recommended, since the game's physics engine can go haywire above 60 FPS. There are workarounds, but TBH, something near 60 FPS is perfectly fine for Skyrim.

What you describe seems to be an issue with your settings. There are basically three things, that can influence your FPS:

1. The game's .ini settings.

For optimal control, I'd recommend using BethINI. Make absolutely sure, that "clamped FPS" (or something like that, don't remember the exact name) is NOT checked in BethIni. Also disable the game's own Vertical Sync - it is worse than any other available option. BTW, that's exactly what "iVSyncPresentInterval=0" does - it disables the built in VSync, thereby letting ENB or your GPU driver take over.

2. Settings in ENB:

The important parameters are in your enblocal.ini

[ENGINE]
ForceVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

Change to "ForceVSync=true", if you want to use ENB's VSync.

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=60.0

This is pretty straightforward: "EnableFPSLimit" ("true" or "false") turns ENB's FPS-limiter on or off. "FPSLimit" is self-explanatory.

3. Your GPU driver settings:

VSync and maximum FPS (among many other things) can also be adjusted in your GPU driver software.

Recommendation: Disable VSync and everything FPS related in BethINI. Use either ENB or your GPU driver for these settings. Personally, I prefer Nvidia's VSync and ENB's limiter. But your milage may vary - find out, what works best for your system.

On a side note:

The "use effect" checkmark in ENB's in game GUI only toggles visual effects on and off. The "technical" settings from your enblocal.ini (like VSync and FPS limiter) stay in power though. Probably that's the reason why you get 61 FPS:

With "iVSyncPresentInterval=0", you basically let ENB take over. And I assume, you got something like this in your enblocal.ini:

[LIMITER]
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=61.0

In fact, a lot of ENB presets contain that number. TBH, I never understood why, because 60.0 would be the "logical" value. But it's common practice to use 61 instead of 60....