katzs23

My idea may well be an old idea and if so, if someone can direct me to the old mod; i'd appreciate it.

It's basically a mod that revamps the Syrim Economy so that you can:

1) have merchants, NPCs, other Thanes, Kings, Couriers, etc. make money with their tasks and spend it on food, clothing, housing, etc. They would save some over time. The savings within a city would direct how successful that city would be doing economically. The shops and homes wear and tear would reflect this.

2) the money you make as an adventurer would be commensurate with (1). That is, no monty carlo stashes of jewelry and gold but certainly much more so than say a serving maid. You need weapons and gear to buy! But your real money making would be in investing and owning businesses.

3) other towns would pop up with opportunity to own businesses and the other NPCs would also vie for owning businesses. Now, serving maids won't ever be able to own businesses, but maybe a separate mod where you help them pool their money together to own a business.

4) this would effect Skyrim economy. If say the people in Whiterun owned properties in more towns, then Whiterun would be wealthier.

5) Other merchants/tranders would try to expand; they'd contract their business if others weren't buying their wares. It was always funny to me that only the player would be found in shops buying stuff. Other NPCs should go to the market and shop.

5) So, a shop's success would be very tied to how much money was in that city! If the city wasn't doing well, then the shops would have less wares, the people would have less investments, and you'd see that effect in the city with deteriorating houses/shops, upset and grumpy people, etc.

6) Banks could open up for those willing to take out loans or invest. The more investment, the more the city "owns". NPCs would also do this.

7) Cities would vie for status and not be so stagnant.....Solitude now is the nicest city but it wouldn't be that way if they weren't doing well.

8) Jarls and Thanes would have dramatic effects on the economy. Their decisions (whether to prop up for war or economy) would have dramatic effects on the city. Unfortunately, Windhelm is in a state of perpetual war, so that should be felt within the city.

9) People would move to cities with more money. So, with other mods that populate cities with more people, the number would be dependent on how much money was in that city.

10) crimes would increase in less wealthy cities (more grumpiness from citizens). Less guards so that random attacks by vampires/bandits would occur.

Basically, an economy that was evolving with the other NPCs. The goal would of course be to make money, but to also prop up economies, and possibly with other mods make your own city that vies for best city.