[Mod Request] A class concept to be made, please.

Caratar

This is a class idea I've had for Outward for quite a while, but haven't been able to realize. I tried modding it into the game myself, but realized after much effort that I just don't have the skillset to make it happen. Therefore, if anyone is willing to take up the mantle, I'd very sincerely appreciate seeing this class realized and inserted into the game. For anyone who is interested, I would be willing to send access to what few files I was able to make on a cloud drive (a trainer in Monsoon, an almost empty skill tree, and an attempt at a unique skill that I just couldn't get working right).

Enlightened Pathfinder - A survivalist career focused on bringing light to the darkness and exploring lost lands. Trainer located in Monsoon or Harmattan. The premise is to help flesh out some of the magic already in the game but seemingly neglected (using light sources for catalysts), as well as build on exploration mechanics that other classes don't touch.

1A - Flamethrower: The same flamethrower offered at the conflux mountain for 50s, but I did tweak (fix?) the skill to only use the flat 20 durability drain instead of 20% on top of the flat 20 that the skill uses in vanilla. This allows about the same functionality out of torches and old lanterns, while allowing more durable light sources to feel more durable when using this skill. Also, if Troglodyte/Crystal staves could be added to the skill that'd work perfectly for fleshing out the magic as intended. Besides, coil lanterns can be used for the skill but they don't generate a flame.

2 - Illuminated Way: Passive. Light radius of your equipped items increases 25%.

Additional concept: Provide a modest (10%) movement speed boost when out of combat. The light boost alone does feel a bit weak.

3 - Hasty Refuel: Active. 60 second cooldown. Actively refills your current lantern without having to enter a crafting menu, but consumes 2 Oil.

Additional concept: Torches are refueled with 2 linen cloth and Ice-Flame torches with 1 cold stone. If Trog/Crystal staves are added to Flamethrower, can they be repaired with 2 mana stones to flesh it out?

4 - Careful Preservation: Passive - Consumables in your inventory decay 15% slower.

5 - Breakthrough, Prepped for Anything: Increases Pouch and Pack space by 10 each.

Additional concept: When trying to make the mod myself, increasing pouch size seemed "easy", but increasing pack size seemed impossible. If it's not possible to be done, instead of increased pack size, I'd consider a passive boost of 2 Armor/Barrier, or maybe a passive 10% cooldown reduction.

1B (above breakthrough, requires Flamethrower) - More with Less: Flamethrower uses 25% less durability and does 25% more damage.

6A Mutually Exclusive - Light Bolt: Active. Requires an equipped Lantern or Torch (Like Flamethrower), 5sec cooldown, 30 mana cost, 5 durability cost. Creates a homing bolt ability that mimics the Troglodyte Mage's 3 mana bolts attack, but again based on equipped light source. Damage would be lower (about 10-20 per bolt), but gives the build a ranged option that doesn't require swapping out the offhand light source (or maybe equipped Trog/Crystal staff, if possible). This also thematically bridges the gap in the light source themed magic found in Outward.

6B Mutually Exclusive - Second Wind: 180 second cooldown, burns 10 Health, Stamina, and Mana. Gain rapid (3-4/sec) Health, Stamina, and Mana regeneration for 10 seconds. This provides a solid combat recovery option for those who aren't running a lantern focused build.

For anyone that's interested, I thank you in advance for your time and consideration. If someone decides to make this class, I wouldn't even need to be credited. I'd just be incredibly happy to see the class realized and brought into the game.

• 3 months later...