Help adding my tortoiseshell cat "Chili" into the game.

Slathard

I have a tortoiseshell cat named Chili and she is a spicy sweetheart. She has a split face just like her split personality. I am no where close to figuring out how to create textures in unreal engine so I am hoping someone would grant my request. I appreciate all the hard work put into mods on the nexus. Thank You

Hello! this is gonna be very hard for you as it is your first mod but I don't want to let your hopes down, so here's the tutorial for Stray modding:

-You first need to get the original Cat's textures to edit them, you could get the model mesh too to preview it but only if you have experience on render apps like Blender, which has been very very useful to understand the textures' maps. Download Umodel at https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel#files and extract the rar files in the main Stray folder. Open it, set the UE version to 4.27 and open. Then head to:
-Character>Cat>Texture>export for the head, body, eye iris and furmesh textures
-
Character>Cat>Mesh if you want the body model to preview it on Blender
Remember to extract files as PNG instead of TGA for better compability and easier editing

-Edit your textures with a picture editor (I used Photoshop) and save your new images as PNG with the same name as the originals
-Open Unreal Engine 4.27 and create a project named Hk_project
-Create a folders path as it goes this way: Content>Character>Cat>Texture>export
-Place the textures inside this last folder and set each one to Pakchunk number 2, to understand pakchunking, you can repeat this tutorial at
https://modbydaylight.com/Development/UnrealEngine/Chunking/

-Go up to File>Pack project>Windows 64 and choose any location but to prevent issues do it at ...\Documents\Unreal Projects\Hk_project\Saved\StagedBuilds
-Seach up your pak file (will be named pakchunk2-windowsnoeditor.pak) and move it to your Stray game folder at ...Stray\Hk_project\Content\Paks and then name it as Hk_project-WindowsNoEditor_p.pak
-Enjoy your mod.

Edited by Angeloloo