NPCs Not Offering Radiant Quests

Arawnaun

Should star by saying i've given this quite a lot of time already and am now stumped.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The issue is this: I've recently entered Whiterun for the first time and to this early point in the game i've noticed no issues. I was able to get the quest from Adrianne Avenicci as you enter the city. However the usual 'radiant quests' after this point aren't being made available.

I'm able to speak to the NPC and i'm able to witness the dialogue establishing the radiant quest, however when i talk to the NPC they do not offer an option to assist.

For example.

Carlotta Valentia will complain about the attention she gets but won't offer the quest to go 'talk' with Mikael.

I can see Amren and Saffir have their argument, but when i go to discuss it with Amren i can either get training or ask him where he's from.

There is no option to assist him in locating the sword.

Ysolda will tell me all about the Khajiit but does not offer me the quest to retrieve the mammoth tusk.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

At this point i began the process of unloading any mods that i thought could possible interfere with vanila NPCs.

Things like Interesting NPCs and Inconsequential NPCs. Run the game from just outside Whiterun and enter it again for the first time. No effect. I continued this process until i'd removed everything but texture and lighting mods (nothing i have run before without incident) and still the problem persisted.

Continuing the process i've literally removed all my mods and am still seeing the issue. The quests above are really no my concern as i've done them many times and if i don't do them again it's no great concern. I am very worried though that as i progress through the game I'm going to start missing out on quests that i haven't experienced and won't really even be aware of it.

Does anyone have any input or suggestions? it would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks. AA

I'm not seeing any level requirements for the quest, A Few Words with You (or any of the other listed quests for that matter) in the Wiki. While I haven't experienced this issue myself, try chatting with the Jarl first as that will start the quest of helping the citizens of Whiterun.

Talking to the Jarl didn't help but that was a bit of a long-shot as i was always able to access those quests before...

However i think you might be on to something about the level requirement. While i haven't read anything to indicate that is an issue, i did create another new game and basically went straight to Whiterun. Interestingly enough with the exact same set of mods running i was able to access all the above quests. When i returned later around level 10... this was no longer the case.