[LE] How to increase follower limit

Well make a patch with Wrye Bash and check the Tweak Options available in the pop up, before it starts making the patch. The patch will include all stuff it finds in your mod list, levellists and similar stuff to make everything available. IDK if it really is an issue in Skyrim but it is in Oblivion and specially in Morrowind when Modders easy write over others settings. Wrye Mash did solve that 2004. So a merchant for example, can have many different modders adding stuff to its SellStuffChest or rather to their levelist(s) and the Wrye Patch solve that so everything will be able for sale. It also solve other conflicts

I think we could set 12 followers with Wrye Bash if I recall right or 20? I think 10 was the limit in Oblivion. Wrye Bash works for loads of different NetImmerse Games. It is the oldest and if you ask me, best Mod Manager ever made by the nice developer Wrye and he is still around supporting it with a team of players and co-devs in Discord.

Still, sometimes we do need other modmanagers, for BSA unpacking and similar, like ModManager 2 as one example. :D You can run how many managers you want, but do not run them all at the same time :D Or maybe? I did check some in this video now, and maybe they should be run at the same time :D

Well I only use Wrye Bash for my mods so and I do not use several profiles...

Edited by Pellape

Speaking from experience, it's simply not a simple change. Although the simplest method is Wrye Bash, I've never done it that way. Or just exploiting all the ways you can get followers in the vanilla game, I think it's up to 5 or 6 at a time if you use some exploits. But the latter may forcibly dismiss at some point and then it's over. You could also check out followers using their own follower system. So yeah, it's something you'd have to explore further.

But actually configuring the relevant parts of the game to work properly with an "increased follower limit" takes a lot more work than it sounds like. First, there simply is no follower limit. The basic follower system is made for 1 follower and 1 animal follower only. This is based on the referencealiases which you would need to copy to get more storage for followers. The "follower limit" global variable should've been renamed to "a follower is following you" because it's only ever used to detect up to 1 humanoid follower at a time in the base-game. Is something following you, yes or no. Pets are never even detected like that, instead they are only ever replaced by the newer model that's taking over their referencealias that's used to apply the follower AI package. You also need to edit things like the Serana, hirelings, and blades quest, or how pet adoption even works, or they won't work anymore. That also includes dialogue scripts for all followers (including mods) since you'll also need a new set that passes the actor reference over to the multi-follower system. Because again, it's a system that only cares about 1 follower at a time. A problem you need to solve in your own creative way. And you'll need to consider compatibility for mods like RDO that are popular enough to warrant that, since it collides with your mod.

And when a modder goes through all that trouble to edit a frickin follower limit... they may as well improve on things while they're at it.

There are many great multi-follower mods out there already. I definitely recommend moving away from Bethesda's shallow systems, though. You shouldn't lose anything but the limitations inherent in their base-game designs. Or the mod wasn't made very well to begin with.

Edited by Dromundas

6 is default. Wrye Bash can make it 12. One way to get around many followers limit is to make followers to the followers, and that way we could make everyone into followers :D Just a thought. ;)

So I have 6 pets and Inigo, just played the MQ in Wyrmtooth and I had 11 as max at the same time and it worked just fine.

short version >>> Use a Follower Mod

Long version::

Open the creation Kit and overide the maximum follows allowed, then create new follower system to allow for the inceased numbers, see how easy it is.....

If that to hard just use a Follower Mod, willy nilly upping maximum follwers using Wrye Bash, does not compensate for any unforseen whatever happenings, causing unforseen problems further down the track.

OFC your free to be stupid and learn the hard way, that is what modding is about, learning form your mistakes, just make sure your having fun, cheeeeers

BTW 6 is to allow for random transient quest followers, not for 24/7 follow you followers, just sayin. You still need to fix the Follow Me Dialogue, (human beast and merc) so upping using Wrye Bash is pointless unless it fixes the Gobals, Dialogue, Conditions. and Dismissing of followers... USE a Follower Mod mate unless your creating custom follower system, and if you are, it above your pay grade judging form your question (feel like I am repeating myself) :laugh:

I recommend https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7003