Heavy Traffic ×

Enchanting a Weapon with Slow-Time?

Gorgopis

Yes, you just need to create a 'slow time' magic effect and add this to your custom made 'enchantment. But you will need to add to it a small time of effect, because you don't want for your enchantment to fire when the player does continius attacks, just add a resonable time that take in account the time needed from one attack to the next.

Thanks! Got it, about the reasonable amount of time, say, 1 to 2 seconds?

But, uh, for our custom-made enchantment, we made a "slow-time" enchantment base.

And we made a custom SlowFFcontact enchantment for a bow, but the enchanted bow hasn't worked in-game yet.

We modeled our enchantment choices on other enchanted bows in the game, but no luck so far.

Should we try scripting?

Our bow isn't slowing any hostiles down (yet.)

Any further advice is greatly appreciated, and we'd love to say thanks to everyone by publishing our very cool (In our opinions) textured bow to Nexus.

Edited by Gorgopis

Well, I can tell you that I have done it with enchantment on a sword and a bow and also on a creature's attack, but if you want me to write you a specific set up, then you will have to wait because I don't remember them by heart and I'm on vacations with no Skyrim around me.

Also about the duration, it was just a suggestion, the fx can end when the next attack hits the target so they don't stack up, but the fx needs the appropriate flags. It can also have an 'X' duration that you desire, my point of view was just that: Imagine been on a battle with a big number of enemies, the fx in the end will become tiresome, like being trapped in a continuous 'stasis'.

Please enjoy your vacation, which is top priority.

Our efforts to make this work can wait.

We have tried max and min durations, (1 sec. to 12 secs.) in the Effect window, along with max and min magnitudes, (1 to 1K) to no result in game.

Oh, and we do have a related question whenever you want.

We have been testing our weapon by improving it in the CK, and then deploying in Vortex, and then loading an existing save, where our player character has the weapon already equipped.

Is using an existing save messing up our testing?

Thanks!

Never test a mod under development by using an existing save file, there are a lot of stuff that gets stored/baked in a save file that if you modify them you won't see them in game, always use the 'COC' to enter your cell to test stuff from the game's main menu.

We kind of thought so.

Sigh. Thanks.

Our "feeling" is, so far, as we go back to test our weapon, that it's still not going to work as intended.

We're trying to enchant a bow with a balanced version of the slow time effect the Kit uses for the Slow time shout. I think we're mixing spells, FF, contact, aimed, powers, shouts, self, etc.