texture maps please help

Hey all... I need a little push in the right direction...

OK i know how to use Diffuse,normal and specular in the material edit but what happens when i get maps that are named differently ?

Im trying to use metal textures but most look white since i dont know where the rest of the maps go...

Btw yes i do convert to dds.... :P

Example:lsdO3p.jpg

Edited by greekrage

Who exported the textures baked out a PBR texture set, which doesn't work for Fallout 4 materials.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I know you can recreate a proper texture set from it making some PS edits, you might find some other tutorials, but there you have a reddit post from a person who had the same problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/cezabd/fo4_how_do_i_import_an_object_with_pbr_textures/

Seems like a lot of this is redundant and meant for other games.

However I mostly make the speculars myself, since it's mostly a pretty simple thing using the right color gradients.

I suppose normal or height should be used for the normal maps. (Btw. there's a plugin for GIMP that let's you create normal maps)

Who exported the textures baked out a PBR texture set, which doesn't work for Fallout 4 materials.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I know you can recreate a proper texture set from it making some PS edits, you might find some other tutorials, but there you have a reddit post from a person who had the same problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/cezabd/fo4_how_do_i_import_an_object_with_pbr_textures/

that makes it too much of a hassle...

I guess ill stick to ready sets with proper maps.....and leave the complicated methods for very unique situations...

Imagine that right now im doing an overhaul of a location and almost everything is a new nif with custom materials...So if i have to do the above method for many of those textures i wont be done by the time Fallout5 comes out... :P

Thanks for the info though ;)