• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

greekrage

greekrage

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Hey all...  I need a little push in the right direction...

OK i know how to use Diffuse,normal and specular in the material edit  but what happens when i get maps that are named differently ?

Im trying to use metal textures  but most look white since i dont know where the rest of the maps go...

Btw yes i do convert to dds.... :P

Example:lsdO3p.jpg

Edited by greekrage, 03 August 2022 - 10:49 AM.

DieFeM

DieFeM

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Who exported the textures baked out a PBR texture set, which doesn't work for Fallout 4 materials.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I know you can recreate a proper texture set from it making some PS edits, you might find some other tutorials, but there you have a reddit post from a person who had the same problem:

https://www.reddit.c...h_pbr_textures/

Zorkaz

Zorkaz

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,845 posts

Seems like a lot of this is redundant and meant for other games.

However I mostly make the speculars myself, since it's mostly a pretty simple thing using the right color gradients.

I suppose normal or height should be used for the normal maps. (Btw. there's a plugin for GIMP that let's you create normal maps)

greekrage

greekrage

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Who exported the textures baked out a PBR texture set, which doesn't work for Fallout 4 materials.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I know you can recreate a proper texture set from it making some PS edits, you might find some other tutorials, but there you have a reddit post from a person who had the same problem:

https://www.reddit.c...h_pbr_textures/

that makes it too much of a hassle...

I guess ill stick to ready sets with proper maps.....and leave the complicated methods for very unique situations...

Imagine that right now im doing an overhaul of a location and almost everything is a new nif  with custom materials...So if i have to do the above method for  many of those textures i wont  be done by the time Fallout5 comes out... :P

Thanks for the info though ;)

pepperman35

pepperman35

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

A quick solution can be had using NormalMap-Online/.

I seem to recall a texture tutorial or two on the nexus.

greekrage

greekrage

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

A quick solution can be had using NormalMap-Online/.

I seem to recall a texture tutorial or two on the nexus.

thanks will check it out...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nifskope

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.087 seconds