Heavy Traffic ×

We need more antique and military surplus weapons. For starters maybe an arisaka?

HeProteccHeAtacc

We need more older Rifles in the game that actually fit the lore, I'm thinking maybe a Carcano? Arisaka? MAS 36? Maybe an M1917 Enfield? Or maybe some old single shots like the berdan II or the rolling block rifle in 45-70? Maybe even something like a VZ58? Just let your imagination run wild with ideas for antiques and old surplus stuff.

• 4 months later...

Define lore......

Personally, I think Lore is less of an issue than the timeline that expired while you were on ice.

Energy weapons at best would only be able to be maintained AND have a ready ammo supply by at most the Institute and the BoS.

Semi-Auto/Full-Auto anything have a LOT of moving parts, which means a LOT of maintenance.

Over 200+ years cannibalization takes it's toll, which leads me to the last comment:

That suggests either 1/2 the Commonwealth are Rank IV Gun Nuts, or people would revert to much easier to maintain weapons.

Break Actions, Revolvers, Shotguns, Bolt-Actions - literally anything else than weapons which have 50-100 or more parts - many of which require precision machining - which doesn't exist.

That said, there is a Bolt-Action Shotgun model (ToZ-106 by RusMarine85) that I really hope Jsnider193 can eventually make into a useable mod. That fits the aesthetic, even while being unconventional in a world with no centralized government, no standing army and a Commonwealth that is literally the Urban version of the Wild West in every sense of the word. In that since, Unconventional fits like a glove.

Edited by fraquar