Vortex Error

oneone1111
Go to solution Solved by oneone1111,

Vortex gives the following error each time I attempt to download any mod:

Error: Failed to run fomod installer. Errorcode c0000005 at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\fomod-installer\index.js:22:20) at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:394:28) at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:290:12)

I've tried to download a couple of mods at this point for both Skyrim SE and Fallout 4. One of them a simple texture replacer and the other a creature replacer with an ESP. Each time an error appears saying the mod failed to install with the above log info. Neither mod I downloaded has any type of Fomod installer. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Can you give me the names of those mods?

While I don't have a deep understanding of the tech in the error message, it looks like there is a problem related to the FOMOD installer used by those mods. FOMOD is format for organizing mod files for easier installation by others. If you don't follow the rules for setting up a FOMOD, then it won't work right during installation.

I can download the mods in question and try to install them. If I get the same error, then it is a problem with the mods. If not, then the problem is on your end.

You might have a problem with your Vortex installation. Is it an up-to-date stable version?

• Solution

Can you give me the names of those mods?

While I don't have a deep understanding of the tech in the error message, it looks like there is a problem related to the FOMOD installer used by those mods. FOMOD is format for organizing mod files for easier installation by others. If you don't follow the rules for setting up a FOMOD, then it won't work right during installation.

I can download the mods in question and try to install them. If I get the same error, then it is a problem with the mods. If not, then the problem is on your end.

You might have a problem with your Vortex installation. Is it an up-to-date stable version?

The mods are New Hagraven and Glenmoril Witch by PSboss, and HAGRAVEN by Kajuan, both for Skyrim SE. I then switched to Fallout 4 and downloaded Luxor's Vehicle SSR real time reflections for ENB. I run a modest setup of 360 mods, most of which are texture and graphic improvements. The last mod I downloaded with no issue was Daedric Shines- Peryite by Mandragorasprouts as recently as August 2nd. I checked my Vortex and it states that it is both up to date and stable. I'd like to add that I have a rather strong PC as well (3080ti, 32gb ram).