Just starting modding.....need help.

Warsaw159

Hello guys,

I just finished my high school and am entering college....that means I have lot of time now.Keeping it short...I want to start modding but just don't know how to start..I know some basic java and python coding..which I learnt during high school.

Now If you after reading up until now try to suggest googling or searching youtube...belive me I did just that before writing here..and I am writing this query here because this site is the site I mostly use to get mods.

So if you are a modder or someone who has experience in modding....please can you comment on where should I start...and what are the prerequisites that I should have.

• 2 months later...

It also depends on what roads you are looking to travel, while pursuing the modding.

Do you want to mod graphics?

Do you want to mod gameplay mechanics?

Do you want to create new and interesting things?

Different roads require different skill sets.

Tho, to be honest. The way that I start to learn whatever game that I'm on at the time...

Is that I just find out what tools that I need, then I start opening up files and start tinkering around with little, easy stuff. The more I look around in the files, the more I learn, and the more I can tinker with.

This is a decent way to start, while working on those technical skills and knowledge for much bigger types of work.