Mod Request: Change Peter: John Bubniak

jaaason

I 100% logged in and came here to say the same thing. I honestly do NOT care if Ben Jordan's facial animations are more in line with the mocap actor's, I really don't. John Bubniak's my Peter Parker, and that's probably the only way I'll buy this game if he's back.

Ben Jordan looks way too young for the age Spider-man is supposed to be in these games, and in addition to that looks like the typical gen Z college freshman with rich parents and sharp attractive features that gets picked first for the rowing, water polo or Lacrosse teams. He does not look like the nerdy super smart and quirky funny outcast Peter Parker's supposed to look like in my mind's eye and I'll die on that hill.

I will support and donate to anyone who can do a good job bringing back John Bubniak's character model back into the game. Patreon, Paypal, you name it. I love these games, but call me picky but I just can't get into them with Ben Jordan. I just can't.

Edited by trebory6

I have no idea how hard this would be or if the PS4 version is opened up enough to even allow for extracting this out of it or whatever would need to be done

However I originally played the game on PS4 and I just can't bring myself to replay with this entirely different looking Peter now. It just bugs me.

The PS4 files are obtainable. There is also a tool out there that can extract the files and there is also translated hash names already done, but I wouldn't know which files to grab. Would have to have a look and do some trial and error until I get all the right files (assuming there are multiple). Im not even sure if I would need anims too. Don't think those are extractable atm. Hmm. I might take a look see how difficult it would be, ive never messed with bones/body before. Though I wonder if anyone else has delved into this further than me and knows more?

Edited by ATGSleg

Interesting news actually, apparently they found the PS4 peter in the PC files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRh5OYz-v5g

My boy!

That's very good news. Looks like it'll need some fine tuning but I hope the face animations can be adapted. Honestly I could tell in the PS4 version the facial animations weren't perfect, but I honestly don't care about that, I lived through thinking GoldenEye and WWF No Mercy was the pinnacle of realistic gaming graphics, I can live through this.