RDTK135 - BANNED

zcul

RDTK135 banned

Reason:
Aggressively criticising another member and their content
Threatening the said mod author afterwards for moderating some comments on their mod page

Comments

15 August 2022 - 04:25 PM (hidden by a member of the Nexus moderation team 16 August 2022, 11:57 PM.) – wall of text

The way the beginning of the game and script loading work in FO4 are terrible for a supposedly heavily mod-able game. It seems that alternate starts are one of the most difficult aspects of the game to improve through modding and sadly one of the areas of the game's design that is so sorely lacking.

Unfortunately, your mod is not at all functional for me. I have tried it with more than one fresh install of FO4 with F4SE, even going as far as trying separate installs on separate machines to ensure everything is completely clean. I have tried it as the only mod running, as part of a set of core mods with all other mods disabled and as part of a number of different builds. On its own, it loads about half of the time, less than the old version that this is supposed to replace. With any other mods at all, even just horizon, it won't get past the first loading screen.

I will also add that disabling overhaul mods (like horizon) and then re-enabling them after character design and alternative starting point is loaded is not really an ideal option. This not only screws up the character creation process (which can be fixed, somewhat) it also leads to later instability/jankiness or unforseen consequences later on in a playthrough.

Every mod build I have tested it with works fine on its own, literally no issues only has problems when this mod is included (I have tried recommended and several other load orders). Most of the builds I am using will even work more consistently with older alternate start mods (though admittedly with only a little more stability).

I say all this to hopefully bring to your attention that there are issues with this mod, you may already be aware and have probably tested more than me. When others have reported issues here you seem to reply that it is working fine for you so the problem must be on their end, but after extensive testing all day yesterday I am fairly certain this is not the case in every instance.

It's disappointing because this sort of mod is sorely needed, however I am coming to accept that there may not be a way to make alternate starts work with any other significant mod builds and it does seem that I am far from the only one having issues.
Edited by RDTK135, 15 August 2022, 04:31 PM.

6:08PM

Thank you for your response. You seriously need to work on your communication skills though.

Firstly, I stated what the specific problem I encountered is... I offered much more description than "it is not functional" with several paragraphs describing in detail the problem I encountered and the steps I took to mitigate it. I did NOT simply say "it is not functional" without further details. What a ridiculous response!

Secondly, I don't just assume that a mod does not work with one of the most popular mods of all times when nothing is stated in compatibility and previous versions of the mod DID function with it. If this is a known specific conflict for one of the most popular overhauls in use, why is there little or nothing about it in description?

No one is asking you to support every mod out there, but most mod makers now have support at least for the more popular mods and if they don't, they explain this in a few short paragraphs at the appropriate place on the mods page. Don't get frustrated at people for your own lack of communication. Particularly when you are trying to falsely claim I have not provided relevant details.

It is pretty childish to claim I have not provided details when I have, and then to claim I am expecting all mods ever made to be supported when I am simply reporting problems with one of the most popular mods, a mod that I have been able to use with all previous versions.

I am also not seeing this start me up patch you mention for the old version in any of my older previous archived builds. Perhaps it is part of the installer for that mod, but I don't see anything there in current or older versions.

I realize you do this for free... I volunteer too, and I am not this snarky with people who I offer a service to.

One more thing, it is "just" horizon. That is the correct English. If Horizon is too large for your mod to work, that is an issue with your mod, since every other mod I have tried (hundreds) work fine with JUST Horizon running. We are not changing the English language to fit your arbitrary rules, sorry. And yes, I know the distinction between overhauls and other mods, your poorly written attempts at condescension not withstanding.

Good luck, you will need it if this is how you conduct yourself.

16 August 2022
12:22 AM in response to post #113031363. #113043368
Lots of people ARE NOT "using this mod fine" and you delete comments that say otherwise. Especially when they call you out for being a snarky, condescending little child. Don't worry, I have screenshots of your attitude and plenty of places to post them. Cheers.

12:28 AM
Glad that you think deleting comments that call you out for snarky rude behavior is an effective way to respond. This is the worst mod dev I have ever seen. It's funny that you think I am going to drop it now... your snarky responses shall be widely viewed on a number of forums thanks to "print screen".
Edited by RDTK135, Today, 12:30 AM.

Forum and Commenting Guidelines (excertp)

https://help.nexusmods.com/article/22-forum-and-commenting-guidelines
Be Civil!
We do not tolerate 'trolling' or harassment of any kind. Do not belittle, discredit, or aggressively criticise another member or their content. If you do not like something or have nothing constructive to add, it's best to simply move along.

Content that can be construed as provocative, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive toward any real-world individual or group, may be subject to moderation.

Reference post

Reference post

Reference post

Reference post