(crossposting from reddit; I didn't get much help there.)
I've been working on making a standalone version of [Practical Female Armors SE](https://www.nexusmod...ition/mods/2628), an armor replacer. I am only focusing on the armor that replaces base game armor, ie. no DLCs ie. Steel Plate Armor, Orcish Armor, Elven Armor, Elven Light Armor, Ebony Armor, Ebony Mail, Imperial Heavy, Dragonscale, Dragonplate, Glass, Ancient Nord, Wolf, and Stormcloak Officer.
Half of these have turned out fine, and work in-game. The other half cause CTD on equip.
* Steel Plate Armor
* Ebony Armor
* Imperial Heavy
* Stormcloak Officer
I have been using SSEedit to build this mod. I run it through Vortex.
Steps I've taken to build the mod:
1. Unzipped the main download file from "Practical Female Armors SE" to a folder on Desktop
2. Created a folder in "Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\\meshes" and copied the meshes from my desktop folder into it (separated into a few more folders)
3. Created a light, empty mod in Wrye Bash named "Practical Female Armors Standalone
4. In SSEedit, copied the base game armors that "Practical Female Armors SE" replaces into "Practical Female Armors Standalone" ("copy as new record into")
5. Copied the base game armor addons for the armors that "Practical Female Armors SE" replaces into "Practical Female Armors Standalone" ("copy as new record into")
6. For each armor, set "Female World Model" and "Female 1st Person" to the corresponding mesh file
7. For each armor, set "Armature" to the corresponding armor addon
Things I have tried so far:
* Opening my mod and then saving it in the SSE Creation Kit (I forgot to change a value and then change it back though, so I don't know if it stuck)
* Moving the folder I made in "Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\\meshes" to a new folder on desktop; "Desktop\\Data\\meshes", moving my esp into "Desktop\\Data", compressing into an archive, and installing the archive through Vortex
* In SSEedit, adding the new armor meshes as female world models, then deleting the female world models because they looked really wonky in game (they still have male world models
* Stripping down my load order (The load order shared below is this stripped down version. If need be, I can share my larger load order, but the CTD problem persists with the stripped down load order sooo)
I'm pretty stuck on what the issue is and could use some help. I'm extremely new to Skyrim modding, so please be patient with me; I'm probably going to ask stupid questions.
EDIT: Crash log after trying to equip steel plate: https://pastebin.com/S5yDG46L
EDIT 2: Tried using SSE nif optimizer on the problem meshes. It didn't work.