Missing Textures After Nexus Update

Exactly as the title says. I played fallout yesterday and had no problems. Today I opened nexus and pressed the play button through nexus, but I wasn't signed into steam so I had to sign in, and then was able to play. However, it opened the little launcher that used to happen when I would open through steam (attached). I closed that because I was pretty sure I wasn't supposed to launch the modded game through it, and launched again through nexus and this time it opened the normal FalloutNV.exe. However when I loaded in, there were a ton of missing textures, just big red boxes with question marks. I closed that, and this is when vortex updated something, I think it said something about some microsoft or windows program. Now, no matter how I launch the game, I'm missing those textures, even though mods are loading like normal. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it? I feel like maybe it happened because I opened it through something other than the normal FalloutNV.exe, but I really don't know. The other weird thing is that now in nexus, New Vegas is not in my "recently managed" fodler in the dashboard, which is where I normally launched it from, however it is still listed under managed games. My launch used to look like the attached image, but now that is nowhere to be found and I have to launch either by opening the game file and clicking FalloutNV.exe, or by clicking the play game in the top left of the nexus page.