Why Did Vortex 1.6.7 Ruin My Vortex

Turgidson

I have been using Vortex for a long time. Previously, the updates have improved the program behind the scenes for me. But the recent 1.6.7 Vortex update now requires me to start all over, i.e., I cannot launch my game without going through 12 minutes of tutorial video, and a new set up. Why the hell can't I just launch my previously saved FO4 MOD Profile? This is BS that cuts into my limited game time tonight. f*#@ING BULL s#*!.

Okay, 8 minutes into video tutorial with young Arnold Schwarzenegger, I found the new Dashboard Start Button for the active mod profile--upper left corner. I friggin' hate change just for the sake of change. I just wanted to take Piper to Fusion City, not sniff a new update asshole.

Simply put. The option I had was to click the 4 tutorial videos and then click the don't show again button to get the tutorial videos to leave my Vortex dashboard. Also, the layout was completely changed. It was as if I was a brand-new Vortex user. My main issue was that the launch button for the active mod was moved out of the dashboard to the upper left corner of the screen without an obvious label. I did find that the 3rd video showed where the launch button was moved. Currently the dashboard requires me to customize it every time I open the program--all of the windows are stacked on top of each other when I open the Vortex program.

Did you click on "Customize your dashboard" in the upper right of the Vortex dashboard? When I updated, I did that and immediately was able to eliminate the tutorial videos and one other item. I then reshuffled everything to my liking and clicked "Done." I started my game (Fallout 4) and have been playing ever since with no problems.

Launch buttons weren't "moved", the buttons in the toolbar are in addition to the ones on the dashboard which still exist. And you don't have to view the tutorials to get rid of them, you can just remove that dashlet in the customize dashboard screen.

The one concrete problem you seem to have is that the dashboard doesn't apply the layout when you first start Vortex. I've seen this reported by someone else but it's not a common problem, nothing we've seen in our internal testing. It'd be best if you sent in a feedback so we don't forget about this issue.

Yes, I have clicked done after making the changes. Currently, I open Vortex with all of the tile stacked in one spot on top of each other. Then I close Vortex, and relaunch it. When restarting Vortex, it has the tiles where they were pinned and done previously.