Greetings from a German language translator!

renoquierido

Hello all!! So, I am somewhat new to the modding community myself, and in the scheme of things none too experienced with technology in general, but have recently begun playing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time and, given its age and relative notoriety regarding its many glitches, I figured I might very well give a serious go of it; that is, beyond some very superficial wee tiny tweaks, which my sister downloaded for me in the past ha ha! I'm hardly the most tech savvy myself in all honesty, but as I've been recently diagnosed with a congenital brain tumour and have been quite ill mysel, I've had loads of time on my hands as I await treatment. So I figured I might as well give it an honest effort just to see what would happen, and have been truly enjoying all of the wonderful things everyone has made and how very much I've learnt about gaming software and computers in my endeavours, and sure plan to give a go at modding some of the other games I've got when the fancy strikes me again to play them!

I figured I may well go ahead and introduce myself here, partly as it might be nice to get involved on the community side of things for when I inevitably break everything again and have to go about finding some way of fixing it myself ha ha, but also because I figured I would put out the offer for translation services! I speak fluent German (and well, clearly English as well), conversational Russian and Spanish, and am beginning to study Korean and Irish. Once my health has improved I'm planning to move over to doing translation work full time, currently do per diem primarily German to English and vice versa. Languages and translation are a true labour of love for me, much as making many of these mods seems to be for so many of the creators here. So I thought I'd put it out there that if anyone has got a small mod or some such in need of translation, it would be good practice for me and well, also I'm the sort of person who genuinely finds translating to be fun ha ha, and in general I would be honoured to be able to assist in sharing the creativity of content on offer here with more people who might enjoy it. I have some limitations on how much I can take on at once nowadays, as I've been quite ill (though it isn't life threatening, thank God!), but otherwise am glad to translate mods if anyone has got something for example in English that they would like to be able to offer to a broader audience, ie in German or Russian. (And of course vice versa, though I imagine that to be somewhat less common?) I am primarily focused on German language translation as I've mentioned, but can do some amount of Russian and Spanish translation as needed, depending upon the nature of the project. The only thing I'd ask is that I be allowed to cite my work as translator in future resumes/to future employers, though I suppose if someone were offering some sort of donation or something I doubt if I'd say no, even if that's not really the point here.

Lovely meeting yous,
Cheers!
-Kit

First, I am sorry about your health issue. As someone with long history of health issues I know how games can be a great way to...escape that stress for a time. I hope your time spent here and with modding your favorite games is fruitful and, if not exactly life changing, at least a reprieve from what life throws at you.

Good luck and happy modding.

• 2 weeks later...

Guten tag!

Grüße! Entschuldige die späte Antwort, ich habe ja ehrlich gesagt vergessen dass ich hier gepostet hatte (also na ja, echt peinlich :laugh:) Hoffe es geht dir gut!

Edited by renoquierido

Aww, thanks mate!! I really appreciate that! It can sure be proper difficult, being ill so often, but having a means of stepping away from it for a bit on the days when I'm well enough to do sure makes a world of difference for me, and I'm glad it's helpful to you, too! And hey, any time doing something enjoyable in a wild world is fruitful after a point, but especially with how much one stands to learn about computers from all the talented modders here-- it's truly astounding, to see all the creativity and skill that goes into such things!!

First, I am sorry about your health issue. As someone with long history of health issues I know how games can be a great way to...escape that stress for a time. I hope your time spent here and with modding your favorite games is fruitful and, if not exactly life changing, at least a reprieve from what life throws at you.

Good luck and happy modding.