What mod could cause consistent crashing at Primm+/Sunset Drive In?

renoquierido

Hello all!
So, I've recently really gotten into modding for the first time, and have some 90+ hours on my current playthrough (what can I say, I'm bloody thorough ha ha!) and would really like to start playing through all the DLC. However, at some point maybe 70 hours in, I noticed that all of a sudden, whenever I went to Primm (fast travel or walking) the game would completed crash to homescreen, and this includes the Drive In. Nowhere else in the game has this issue, only these areas, but it's literally like the moment I cross into the invisible square that marks the boundary of these two locations, everything stops working. I played through the quest with the new sheriff and all that with no issues at all , got ED-E, etc . I had a mod installed previously that impacted the landscape , including around Primm, and I had had loads of glitches from that, so uninstalled it hoping that would help, which it did... everywhere but around Primm . Same with uninstalling Living Desert, and cleaning up my load order. I'm a bit nervous to touch anything and mess things up , but would love to be able to finish some quests there . Has anyone got any ideas ? Here are the mods I'm using , if this at all helps !

https://ibb.co/sqDGqwR

https://ibb.co/10bQpC2

The first thing I would do is go to the Goodsprings pub and wait in there for four in game days, that will reset the area around Primm and might fix the issue. If that doesn't work then make a named save so you don't lose your progress (open the console, type save NameThatsAllOneWord and hit enter), then start a new game and head straight to Primm, if it doesn't crash on the new game but is crashing on 70+ hour one with the same load order then the problem might exist in your save. Fallout New Vegas is more forgiving than newer titles when it comes to removing mods mid game, however things can still go wrong and if one or more of the mods you removed were masters then chances are some changes are in your save file and the only way to fix that is to go back and load a save made before that master was installed.

A good habit to get into is to make a named save every time before you install a new mod, that way if something goes wrong you can wind back to that save and not have to start over.

• 2 weeks later...

Och, thanks for the tip!! Well, I gave the waiting a go (albeit I hadn´t done in the Goodsprings pub specifically so as to not have my wee fellow die of exhaustion and what not-- dramatic wee bastard he can be sometimes, yeesh, I mean it´s only four solid days of no sleep now ha ha! :laugh: So I did at the water pump area instead with the campfires so the lad could tough it out) and I'm afraid to say it's still done the same. The weirdest bit is that it's like it's down to the bleedin centimeter as to where it crashes, just literally the exact second that I cross over into the Primm or Drive In cells, and nowhere else in the game does anything like it! Reckon this poor Courier just won't get to do Old World Blues ha ha, might just have to be a problem more easily resolved on the next playthrough. Especially as I'm now some 150+ hours in... (what can I say, when you're ill you've got loads of time on your hands ha ha!) I'll be honest though, I'm truly such a newbie that I didn't even know how to make a proper named save until you'd said so-- right handy that so it is! I mean, not to say I haven't done hard saves mind, as I've sure done plenty, but nothing through console as you've described, and I also honestly don't even remember at what save I'd removed the Living Desert mod anyways, which I do suspect to be the culprit. Can I ask, if it's none too much trouble explaining, that is-- what is the difference on a technical level between saving in the way you've described, and doing a hard save through the game, ie pressing escape, going to 'save', creating a new save in an entirely unmarked slot, etc.?

The saves are the same, the reason for doing it that way on occasion is to give them an easy to remember descriptive name, doing it before installing a mod gives you an easily identifiable save to roll back to should you wish to remove that mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you mess with your mod through GECK or XEdit? If you do, that can lead to crash.

Did you install, or remove mods before crash happen? If you do, that's the cause.

And finally, sometimes there's bug occured and it can bake into your save. In which case, that save is so screwed it's not funny. You can only load save before that happen and going on.