Mine Entrances - Black Doors / Voids

Hi all,

I'm seeking any advice on utilising pure black doors / void assets for creation of mine/cave/void entrances as none of the generic cave entrances will work for what I'm doing.

A CK asset example would be something like "CaveGLHallEntrance02Snow" or for in game purposes Broken Fang Cave. The idea being you click on the black void and are taken into the mine.

In my attempt to get a black void I utilised a scaled up door overlayed with a Dark Elf eye texture to make the top half of the door pure black and then buried it down to suit the entrance. If you look underground there is a giant eyeball staring at you.

I am looking for a clean/correct way to achieve this, as I assume there has to be a better way. Perhaps it is as simple as I skipped over the correct asset, if so I would love to know what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent a lot of time playing around, watching videos and forums trying to work this out.

Cheers Frewhausen

I have done something similar to this before. There are auto load assets for cave doors, however

I set up a trigger box with a simple script that OnTriggerEnter moved or fasttravelled the actor to the desired location, mimicking a door. You could use a triggerbox at the entrance to your cave that used OnActivate instead I guess.

In my example I created a cave opening and filled it with, Damn I cant remember exactly, some sort of black square thing. Not just one though. I had 5 or 6 of them, starting at the back of the cavity, evenly spaced to the front of the entrance.

The user only ever saw black and then was transported to the other side, via the script. I used this technique because I wanted horses to move through it.

Not sure I have fully understood what you wanted, but thought Id answer anyway, as a Triggerbox with a simple script might be an option. 😊

Edited by TyburnKetch

TyburnKetch, do you mean 'BlackPlane01' ?

I use that a fair bit.

There's another one that's pretty good in conjunction with that and it's the blue glowing 'Magic Barrier' thingy... now who can't remember the ID? I think it's used in the Bard College quest for the door that the ghost 'opens'.

I use that with a collision plane set to L_Static, so that people can't get past it until they activate the correct objects and hey presto! the barrior and collision plane disappear. It could work well with your trigger box and the black plane to give it an air of mysticism.

Edit: I just found the item I'm on about. It's ID is DA16barrier.