Thank You Nexus

sect0r96

I would like to thank Nexus Mods, the moderation team, and ownership for their decisive stance against trolls and bigots. It takes a spine to stand up to the sea of internet bullies for your principals. Know that through all the gas-lighting and derision that we, the gaming community, the modding community, the LGBT+ community, see you. This show of solidarity will not be forgotten. Stay Hydrated. :smile:

Myself, I'm really getting tired of seeing that "B" word. Simply having a different point of view, or a differing opinion does not make a person a bigot. Asking for everybody to be treated with equality, does not make a person a bigot. Can we stop with calling people names?

It's an inflammatory word, when it's being used in the manner that it's being used. A word, that in it's nature when used against somebody here on the forums, instigates an angry or hostile reaction. Whether directly, or indirectly, it's usage is inflammatory, the way that it's been used of late. This, while not this particular word, when I worked here as a member of the staff, was in itself, a violation of the Nexus rules of Conduct, in regards to Trolling.

One of the many pieces of advice, that at one point in time, ALL members of the staff have put into print on this site is: "Don't like a mod? Then don't download it. Don't like what somebody said? Click on the X and close the page. Or report them, and let the staff handle it."

This has been the advice, and the principle for many, many, many years. It's worked.

People get carried away, when they start pounding those keys, they get even more and more angry. And they put into print things that they shouldnt.

I know that for a fact. I had to put more people that I'd have liked to, on the Wall of Shame for doing it.

If you don't like something on this site, nobody is forcing you to reply to it. Nobody is forcing you to download it. The smartest decision, is to just leave it alone.

This is my advice, my desire. All of the people chiming in on this, are NOT letting the staff of this site, handle the situation that the Staff OF this Site, ARE handling.

All it is is name calling, that drags more people into the fight, and draws lines in the sand.

Nexus should be a place for helping people, having discussions, content for games that we love or enjoy. It shouldn't be some political battleground where people are deliberately instigating fights with others, by trolling generalized words that insult other people. And troll people who have absolutely no interest in the problem, or want to stay out of it.

Again, Can we just stop with calling everybody names?

Personally, I don't think denying folks an option to NOT have something in their game, is something to be applauded. It's a mod. Don't like it? Don't use it. Isn't that easy??

Or, from Robin's perspective "Don't like it? Don't host it."

Considering some of the other stuff that is hosted here, that seems a tad bit hypocritical to me.

So? Draw any line, and someone will call you a hypocrite for where you drew it.

If anyone thought Robin would, or had to, host any mod regardless of content then they didn't read the rules they agreed to when they signed up for the site.

Granted, it is indeed Robins right to host, or not... whatever he wants. I just don't see a gaming site as an appropriate place to make a political statement. As I see it, that's all it is.

If anyone thought Robin would, or had to, host any mod regardless of content then they didn't read the rules they agreed to when they signed up for the site.

Granted, it is indeed Robins right to host, or not... whatever he wants. I just don't see a gaming site as an appropriate place to make a political statement. As I see it, that's all it is.
But a gaming site is what Robin owns. If he owned a political site then his rules would be enforced there. If he owned a "funny pictures of dogs" site then it would be the same.

But a gaming site is what Robin owns. If he owned a political site then his rules would be enforced there. If he owned a "funny pictures of dogs" site then it would be the same.

If this was a political site, than yeah, it would make perfect sense. However.... it's not. At least, it wasn't.....

That, and... silencing a segment of the community is 'promoting inclusivity, and diversity'?? Really? Seems to me, it's quite the opposite. It's a modding site, there should be room here for opposing opinions.

Personally, I don't think denying folks an option to NOT have something in their game, is something to be applauded. It's a mod. Don't like it? Don't use it. Isn't that easy??

There definitely is not room here for bigotry, racism or homophobia. Your continued defence of such speaks volumes to your character and I couldn't care less if you disagree with me. Take your moaning elsewhere, like your own site.

Since you're turning up in every one of these threads before they get locked/deleted, knowing full well we're not going to discuss it and locked and deleted plenty before, if you comment on this topic again here your account will be getting a posting ban. You've been warned.

One of the many pieces of advice, that at one point in time, ALL members of the staff have put into print on this site is: "Don't like a mod? Then don't download it. Don't like what somebody said? Click on the X and close the page. Or report them, and let the staff handle it."

The beauty of people quoting me on that is that it was done in reference to people being bigoted over a mod that adds pronouns to a game. Funny that.