Clothing visual glitch - Help!

nickelfire

Hello, I have only a few mods installed, I have the High res texture pack from Bethesda and all the expansions. And then I've recently installed only the unofficial patches: (Skyrim, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn and Resolution patches). But now suddenly I'm seeing white clothing on certain NPC's, I screen shot an image. My machine is handling the graphics fine, no shutting off or slowing down at ultra settings. Any thoughts?

Edited by nickelfire

this happened to me too, only for me it wasnt this bad

technically, whats happened is:
youve probably installed a mod which changes the vanilla clothing of the npcs (an overhaul perhaps)
and then somewhere your game when all wrong, either that or you uninstalled your mod,
and as a result that happens. in other words, the textures in your game became corrupt.

when i had this, every single guard in my game had pink/purple boots. when i remembered that i uninstalled a guard overhaul.
i couldnt fix this problem in the end, but i reinstalled my skyrim and luckily had a VERY old backup from before i installed the mod. everything was normal again, the only disappointment being i had to start again. but meh.

hope i helped you somehow, good luck with it!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, would a good guess be that the unofficial resolution patch is to blame? I'm re-installing Skyrim now and hope that I can have the other unofficial patches.

No, all the Unofficial Patches are fine. If there was a problem like this in any of the Unofficial Patches there would be millions of players reporting the issue! What's you load order and what version of the each of the Unofficial Patches have you installed?

There was no need to reinstall all of Skyrim, just had to re-verify your game cache.

I'll have to look up how to do that, thank you.

Ok, would a good guess be that the unofficial resolution patch is to blame? I'm re-installing Skyrim now and hope that I can have the other unofficial patches.

No, all the Unofficial Patches are fine. If there was a problem like this in any of the Unofficial Patches there would be millions of players reporting the issue! What's you load order and what version of the each of the Unofficial Patches have you installed?

I've re-installed and almost have the same mod configuration. I haven't installed the unofficial resolution texture patch yet but the issue is corrected for now.

The versions and load order are such in Wryebash:

Skyrim

Update

Unofficial Skyrim patch (v. 2.0)

Dawnguard

Unofficial Dawnguard patch (v. 2.0)

Hearthfire

Unofficial Hearth patch (v. 2.0)

Dragonborn

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch (v. 2.0)

HighResTexturePack01

HighResTexturePack02

HighResTexturePack03

Unofficial Resolution Patch (v 1.1.3) (Not currently installed but am willing to try again if re installing Skyrim is unnecessary)

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

P.S. - Also good is that I didn't have to go back to an earlier save. So my saves are un-corrupted. So this may mean that it isn't the same issue tonnie had (which is good for me!)

Edited by nickelfire

Update your Unofficial Patches: Unofficial Skyrim Patch should be v2.0.0a; Unofficial Dawnguard Patch should be v2.0.0b and Unofficial High Resolution Patch should be v1.1.4.

Have you cleaned the official DLC's with TES5Edit? Have you installed any non .esm/.esp mods such as texture replacers? Do you use BOSS to set your load order?

Seriously, if this was a problem with the Unofficial High Resolution Patch then everyone using it would also be getting the same problem. Seeing as no-one else is reporting this to the Unofficial High Resolution Patch comments then it must be something else at fault! However, if you do believe that the Unofficial High Resolution Patch is the cause then by all means report it on the mods comments section so that the author can investigate!

So everything's now working OK with the latest Unofficial High Resolution Patch enabled? Also, just to check, after you updated the Unofficial Patches and cleaned mods as required with TES5Edit, did you re-build your Bashed Patch as well?