Walking Mannequins... arghhh

Dragonwindspirit

I have an issue with walking/running Mannequin's in literally every home I own. If they ain't randomly walking around, they are eating the armor I gave them for kipper snacks (and/or both). I have all the unoffical patches for the game, i've tried the vanilla mannequin fixes and still.. I have Mannequin's just strolling around my homes. Now if THAT isn't bad enough... my followers will randomly attack them and go into hissy fit mode and can't be stopped from combat with the Mannequin's.

Seriously... Is there no real fix for this issue? I had read somewhere that Mannequin's were actually 'living' NPC's with a freeze script and that the script sometimes loads slowly, causing them to walk around. If that is the case just... wtf for lazy programming? As it stands I have literally taken to deleting (console markfordelete) Mannequin's rather than have them in my homes because I am so bloody *&^%$#@ sick of this persistant bug.

Does ANYBODY have an actual, real fix that works? Or are we forever going to be plagued by Mannequin's stalking us while we sleep?

p.s. I have every dlc and as I said... all the unofficial patches for them. I'm annoyed to no end by this seemingly unfixable bug.

What I noticed is on my first play though(no DLCs) the mannequins generally stayed put, but once I added more and more mods they became more proned to walking around, although usually they reset back to their original location this is not always the case.

The reset to original position script seems to be in the unofficial patches, its the "best" fix out there but imo we will always be plagued with bugged mannequins.

I think the best solution is to just delete the mannequins in your home using the creation kit and place something else, like bookcases for example, in their place.

Bethesda really should have created a static object to fit out equipment on instead of being lazy and taking an npc and attaching a script on it that doesnt work half the time. :wallbash:

What I noticed is on my first play though(no DLCs) the mannequins generally stayed put, but once I added more and more mods they became more proned to walking around, although usually they reset back to their original location this is not always the case.

The reset to original position script seems to be in the unofficial patches, its the "best" fix out there but imo we will always be plagued with bugged mannequins.

I think the best solution is to just delete the mannequins in your home using the creation kit and place something else, like bookcases for example, in their place.

Bethesda really should have created a static object to fit out equipment on instead of being lazy and taking an npc and attaching a script on it that doesnt work half the time. :wallbash:

Yeah I agre. That was totally lazy programming. I have just started playing with the CK and don't have the confidence yet to start messing with interior or exterior cells. I've been working on a cpl weapons based off Dawnbreaker and the Ebony Bows but am still tweaking them. I'm gonna have to figure out how to load their image files into an editor so I can adjust them to suit how I want them to look. That will happen once I have their stats tweaked so they are not over powered but still decent. Eventually when I get them worked out to my satisfaction I will release them to the Nexus as a bundled weapon system that fits within the games Lore. I may even make an effort at creating a small quest to find and get them lol. But all in time. One step at a time. In the mean time. I just delete the mannequins through the console command and go on with my game.

I think the best way (if you ever try it in the CK) for those mannequins is to drop them below the interior and link them + the activators to an X-marker and make sure that X-marker is "initially disabled".

Then just place something else in its place, if you want a bookcase there is a modders resource out there (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11618/?) that you just load in the CK one time and copy a bookcase from that new interior to the location of your home.

Make sure you don't edit or move anything inside that new interior though, afterwards you just delete that modders resource .esp file again and voila, you have a working bookcase in your home instead of a buggy mannequin.

Had no idea they were npcs with a freeze script.

imagine they suddenly jumped out of the wardrobe and tried to eat you spooooky.

somebody should make a mod about that, Cannibal mannequins eeeeeeeek :laugh:

I highly recommend testing the mannequins out on a brand new game. Chances are that they've gotten borked by adding different script versions across the life of that particular save game.

To be technical they do not have a "freeze script". What they have is a script that disables their AI after they've equipped gear and established their pose. It is in that window from cell load/attach to AI disable that excessive script processing from other mods can interfere. Mannequins also need to be an actor rather than a static object. The reason is that the mannequin needs to wear the items and to do that they need actor capabilities.

@thomriis

I too have thought about mannequins that jumped out and attacked. Especially after the player steals something. Too bad the only mannequins in the game are for the player's use. I suppose tho some could be placed and an adaptation of the gargoyle script(s) applied.

I've played characters through Skyrim on both XBox and PC (on the XB first). I never saw a mannequin move until Hearthfire was released. Then I came in an upstairs door in Lakeview Manor and saw the upstairs mannequin walking to it's base. It's been all downhill from there on either platform. LOL In fact, I was in a XBL party with a friend who was also playing Skyrim when that first instance happened and he didn't believe me.

Had no idea they were npcs with a freeze script.

imagine they suddenly jumped out of the wardrobe and tried to eat you spooooky.

somebody should make a mod about that, Cannibal mannequins eeeeeeeek :laugh:

The Mannequins in my game have walked since day 1 load. Before I even found mods for the game. In point of fact it was my searching for a remedy to them taking their unusual little strolls, that led me to discover the modding comunity and then eventually to here. Prior to that I wasn't aware that skyrim could be modded.

It's annoying to come home and find my Mannequins strolling down the hallway then freezing guiltily mid step and refusing to go back to their bases. What is worse though is when I applied armor to them, my companions would sometimes go Rambo on them and refuse to stop trying to kill it forcing me to use Amazing Follower Tweaks to pull them outside and away from the 'battle'. I've since simply taken to not just disabling them, but deleting them entirely from my games to stop this somewhat schitzophrenic behavior.

I know i know, After i installed the asteria (Player house/airship) mod where you can set different poses,my mannequinns are acting really weird, Sometimes theyre standing on the ceiling upside down and sometimes theyre standing around in groups.

Hmmm i wonder what theyre doing when im not there.

Still it would be a great Horror mod he he. something like the Puppet master.